Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As part of any InsightFest there is always some sort of Swap meet.

Thought it might be helpful if we started a thread for InsightFest 2017 Madison WI

FS = items for sale.
FT = items for trade
WTB = items you want to buy

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A bunch of my stuff will likely be things that are too big or a hassle to ship.

FS/FT
Driver side window glass
Uncut interior carpet (used, avg condition, grey)
Rear deck carpet (used, avg condition, grey)
untested nimh sticks from failing packs (cheeeaap. sold in full packs only, for less than price of one new stick)
2000 Owners Manual (torn in lower right corner of front cover)
Plug and play MIMA

WTB
Know good CVT transmission (not a whole car)

·
Registered
618 Posts
FS/FT
NOS-muffler setup. Can only bring if spouse doesn't make the trip
Wheels: may have 4 rims; might bring some used tires if someone wants them for cheap

WTB
May need a MT ECM modded with IMAC&C
Or a plug-n-play IMAC

Need:
Possible assistance installing shoebox sub, etc. audio stuff

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Would it be weird to drive an Insight that I'm looking to sell to the event?
2000 Honda Insight MT, silver with aftermarket cruise control.
132k miles
Hit a deer - Needs hood, front bulkhead components(radiator support cross pieces), AC condenser, and maybe a headlight. Radiator is intact and the hood hangs on the safety latch, runs and drives just fine. Engine is in great shape and the transmission does NOT have the 2nd gear grind. IMA battery needs refurb or replacement.
Could be used as a daily driver with replacement parts or used for parts if someone needs the parts.
Haven't decided on a price but I have time to think about it. Would be willing to deliver it seperate to the event if the gas costs to deliver and costs for me to get back are compensated, but it could be a decent opportunity for someone to check it out prior to purchase.

I'll make a post on a new sell thread with pictures leading up to the event but would this be a good idea to bring it with me? ..or if someone is interested, feel free to PM an offer or questions.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
2002 Blue MT for sale

I have a 2002 Blue MT with AC for sale. I am NW of Chicago. I will deliver it (on a dolly) up to 100 miles - or to this InsightFest free. Possibly further if you pay for mileage.

It needs one of Scott's rebuilt transmissions... Here is the CraigsList posting:

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/6160689462

It has the Hybrid Automotive grid harness. I'm keeping the charger for my 2000. It has Scott's rear springs and the upgraded shocks. I put new plugs in it. It has less than 1000 miles on the tires. They are not the Bridgestones but are Dunlop Enasave 01 A/S 165/65-14.

·
Registered
429 Posts
WTB:
-Drivers side interior a-pillar trim piece
-Passenger side underbody aero panel (the long one)

Possibly some other things I can't think of at the moment.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
WTB Grid Charger Harness

WTB: Are the grid charger harnesses specific for the different commercially sold grid chargers? I have read the installation instructions and they seem simple enough. But I am reluctant to do the installation alone and thought at this event with all the expert help it would be a breeze.

My commute is all freeway, 100 miles round trip at 70-75 with a few hills. Honda replaced IMA in April 2014 and 30k miles ago. It is always at 29 bars and drops to 15-17 bars and quickly goes back to 19 bars. I have been told to wait on getting a Grid Charger for now. What does the G1 community think? Steve

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
WTB: Tan Headliner for 05 Insight

WTB: 04-06 Insight Tan Headliner. Mine has several cigarette burn holes right below the A-pillar next to driver's window. I have already replaced (eBay) the driver's inside door panel that had a few cigarette burns from the 1st owner. I can bring it if anyone had use for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,540 Posts
I will have at least one HybridAutomotive grid charge harness with me, possibly several.

To do a headliner it is best to take yours out and potentially take it to an interior shop and have it recovered or do it yourself is you have know how.
It is would be difficult to transport a headliner in an Insight if it's not actually installed.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
4,785 Posts
WTB: Are the grid charger harnesses specific for the different commercially sold grid chargers? I have read the installation instructions and they seem simple enough. But I am reluctant to do the installation alone and thought at this event with all the expert help it would be a breeze.

My commute is all freeway, 100 miles round trip at 70-75 with a few hills. Honda replaced IMA in April 2014 and 30k miles ago. It is always at 29 bars and drops to 15-17 bars and quickly goes back to 19 bars. I have been told to wait on getting a Grid Charger for now. What does the G1 community think? Steve
Yes. Harnesses are specific to chargers.

Every Insight owner needs to have a grid charger and use it regularly. Even yesterday is too late to start. Just do it.

Sam

·
Registered
36 Posts
FS/FT
Driver side window switch
Possible parts from silver parts car

WTB / interested
IMA C&C or MIMA
OCDII
EGR Valve
Rear Spearker Kit
M and F connectors for clutchwire with pigtails (for making PNP clutch mod)
RE92 Tires
Grid Charger
possible insight for friend

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
FS ----
Maybe set of 14" wheels (Miata Daisy with Honda size center hub hole). 2 w/RE92s (used)
Maybe another 2 RE92s (used)
Maybe a rear "spoiler" needing TLC
Maybe a set of OE springs and rear shocks
Maybe a couple marginal EGR valves
Maybe a lonesome 13" Honda VX rim

I'll look to see if there is other stuff around...
B

·
3,641 Posts
I have a set of nice headlights with me, owners manuals, and of course Tshirts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts