Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You've been waiting and now it is here... InsightFest 2018 - 5 year Anniversary Edition!!!!

Where:
Sector 67 – Madison's Premier Community Workshop/Hackerspace
56 Corry St
Madison, WI

When:
* Friday, July 13
* Saturday, July 14
* Sunday, July 15

InsightFest 2018 is a weekend filled with Insight conversation and camaraderie. Old friends and new friends. Insightful sessions, car show, swap meet, and outdoor space in the parking lot to work on cars (within reason).

A lift will be available for short demonstrations throughout the weekend.(~1 hour sessions). If you have a topic to present please contact me and we can schedule something.

Community members will update us on their latest projects and you get a chance to ask those questions that you've always wanted to ask. Like where is that leak coming from? Or, can I run an Insight without the IMA?

Share your stories. Show off your mods. Put screen names with faces.

REGISTRATION FORM:
Today (July 9) I closed the form for new registrations for InsightFest 2018.
We have over 30 people registered so it will be a pretty full house.

If you did not register but were still thinking about coming, please call me directly at 608-729-4082 before showing up. I'd prefer folks not to show up unannounced.
Cost per person: $60

Food
Other than the Friday night Eat and Greet, in general, the registration fee does not include food. Food costs will be on your own. There are restaurants nearby as well as great food delivery options. There will likely be group orders, but you will need to pay for meals.

Schedule of Events https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EUNZvExSbRRB_yZK56egXWvrVmtlIKErqPb0hZwb9ug/edit?usp=sharing
LAST UPDATED: 7/9/2018 3:30pm
It is a work in progress and everything is subject to change
If you have a topic you would like to present, please let me know! [email protected] 608-729-4082
- Friday setup begins at 10am.
- First official session at 1pm Friday with plenty of informal discussion before then.

Saturday begins a bit earlier at 9am.

Thank you to all the volunteers who helped with previous InsightFests, as well as those who are helping make InsightFest 2018 a reality!

Sponsors for InsightFest 2018 include:
* EV Powers Hybrid Battery Service and Repair EV Powers | Hybrid Battery Service & Repair. Prius Insight Civic. 2100 Winnebago St, Madison, WI

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Additional InsightFest 2018 info and links

There are plenty of hotels in the area from sketchy through ultra luxury.
You may even be able to use Priceline to get a deal.

There isn't an "Official" hotel at this time.
But feel free to contact me if you willing to be in charge of researching and negotiating a group rate at a hotel in the area for attendees.

In the past a bunch of folks stayed that the Best Western East Towne Suites
4801 Annamark Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
United States
(just off of East Washington Ave.)
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-madison/best-western-east-towne-suites/propertyCode.50115.html
608 - 244-2020

Cheap Motel (3 miles away)
Motel 6
4202 East Towne Blvd
Madison, WI 53704
https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.wi.madison.4961.html
608-241-3861

Camping (7 miles away)
Lake Farm Park
3113 Lake Farm Rd
Madison, WI 53711
https://parks-lwrd.countyofdane.com/park/LakeFarm
608-224-3730

Past InsightFest Links
InsightFest 2017 - Transmissions and More. (Madison, WI)
InsightFest 2016 – The Big One (Indianapolis, IN)
InsightFest 2015 – Summer Camp Edition (Sauk City, WI)
InsightFest 2014 - Inaugural Year (Madison, WI)

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
Sounds great. Last year was very enjoyable and with the new facility this is likely to be very better. I'll be enrolling.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This post is reserved for any additional info

InsightFest 2018 Attendees:
Screen name. Or initials if from elsewhere
rg = registered pd = paid

AP1ZE1 - rg pd
Armadaman - rg pd
BlueBulletIP - rg pd
boojum -rg pd
Bulldog - rg pd
CAMOKAT - rg pd
Duds - rg pd
ericbecky - rg pd
Every Detail - rg pd
Galevin rg pd
Harborman - rg pd
IamIan - rg pd
insightowner - rg pd
jime - rg pd
KLR3CYL - rg pd
Mattl92 -rg pd
MattyVT - rg pd
midnightsnacker41 - rg pd
minor4326 - rg pd
mudder - rg pd
nodoubleg - rg pd
pbschechter - rg pd
poysippi rg pd
princeykins - rg pd
Rainsux rg pd
russellc - rg pd
Sam12345 - rg pd
Spark - rg pd
Teddy - rg pd
Willie - rg pd
Xays99 - rg pd

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
cool .. I'll turn in my vacation request form .. and once approved complete my registration , and such for the event.

:D

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
Why do we keep going back to same state,sure it's nice but 17 hours is tough,ride,,wish I could make it.
Because we can't find a Mid-America venue with a willing and qualified organizer.

There is the Mid-Atlantic Meet much closer to you:)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Because we can't find a Mid-America venue with a willing and qualified organizer.

There is the Mid-Atlantic Meet much closer to you:)
Is the "7 July 2018 to be held in Frederick Maryland" the Mid-Atlantic Meet? Just one week before the Madison meet still on?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Two Insight Events in July!

Looks like I will be piling more miles on my G1 in July.
Thanks for the quick reply Eric. I truly enjoyed last year's event that you had organized in beautiful Madison Wisconsin. I will be signing up soon for the 2018 anniversary event.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm sitting at about 90% sure I'll be going again this year... gives me about 2 months to get my car driveable enough.

I'll probably be committing (send money/register) within a week or two.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Just registered. Hopefully I'll have the AC finished in my "weird little red car" by then.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Registered and paid yesterday for the 5 year anniversary event yesterday.

Only two weeks left before Registration fee goes up by $10

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
If I'm only going to show up for one day and don't eat the food, do I still need to pay $50?

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
If I'm only going to show up for one day and don't eat the food, do I still need to pay $50?
If you go to the baseball game and leave in the 6th inning do you get a refund for the last 3 innings?

If you go to the movies and show up late and leave before they roll the credits, is there a different price?

You get the idea.

Scott

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well I don't eat factory farmed meat, so whatever meal you have planned = I won't eat it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
28 Participants
Honda hybrid442
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing