Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If you are interested in military aviation, the US Air Force museum is 75mi away in Dayton OH. It is huge and immensely interesting to those who love flight.
I just went there last fall. I could spend a few days there and still not see it all. Free as well, can't beat that.

·
Super Moderator
4,693 Posts
Signed up, recommended hotel booked, flight booked, esta applied for :)

I'll probably need to post some stuff over for the event, any volunteer willing to hang onto it for me, and send it back after i've gone.?
Saves hassle with gadgets on flights.
I don't want the BCM replacer prototype and a case full of OBDIIC&C units confiscated at checkin!!!

I'm arriving on 4th and leaving on 11th Sept (7 nights) so hope to look around nearby as well before and after InsightFest..

Anyone up for taking me around locally in an Insight to some sights?
Happy to pay for fuel / burgers /beer and repay the favour in my area if anyone ever comes over here to the UK.....
This is great, Peter! PM sent.

Sam

·
Registered
58 Posts
stickers

Is anyone making stickers for Insightfest 2019? I would like to contribute to their manufacturing. If nobody has anything planned, could anyone recommend a place to have them made? I've been looking at some sticker places online but there are so many choices.
My 2016 Insightfest stickers have held up great.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Stickers and possibly shirts are in the works and would be for sale to help fund the event.

There may be limited quantities made depending on several factors. Feel free to contact me directly at 608-729-4082 to discuss your idea of "contributing to their manufacturing"

·
Registered
591 Posts
If your path takes you through Pittsburgh, I'll join the caravan.
My preferred route is I-70 to I-68 connecting to I-79 in Morgantown and reconnecting with I-70 south of Pittsburgh. An obvious place to meet up would be the Cabelas on the hill as you drop into Wheeling WV. I can be convinced to take just about any other path, except the PA turnpike. I'll gladly take Highway 30 to bypass it, though! In fact, I'd be up for bypassing some of the freeways to take some windy country roads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I-70

My preferred route will be to get on I-70 in/around Washington, PA. I can meet yinz anywhere west of there along I-70 at anytime. I don't like to drive fast. If I drive my IMA-bypassed Insight, then I can't accelerate very fast.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We've got about 3 months to go before the event. I know that seems a long ways away, but starting checking with your boss and family to be sure you can make it to the event.

Then... Register and send in payment

How do you do that?
Step 1) Fill out the Registration Form
Step 2) Pay via PayPal to this account: [email protected]

Cost:$60 per person
optional additional $22 fee to park with our InsightFest group at the Eibach Meet portion of the weekend (Sunday)

I've been working hard on getting some special things together. This is going to be a unique year for the Fest and you definitely won't want to miss it!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Room Booked for 3 nights.
Called them direct for the Group Rate - 614.860.9804
The on-line reservation system didn't recognize the group.

And... The registration check is in the mail!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looking at the satellite view of the site, wondering:
- can we work on our cars in the parking lot while at the event?
- can we set up a sun shade above our car (like a porch umbrella or one of those 10x10 canopies)
- can we set up stuff in front of our car on a blanket to swap/sell/talk about?
- can we set up a folding table in front of our car to put aforementioned stuff (though it'd have to be pretty small to fit in the car on the drive over)?

thanks! :cool:

sean

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Arbus,
I got your payment so you are good to go for InsightFest 2019! See you in Columbus.

sean,
Good questions.
I'll check with the owner of the shop and see.

Overall I can say this. Be cool and you'll probably be just fine. If there are issues at the event, I will definitely let you know. I expect people to comply with my requests and of they don't comply I expect people to leave. (This has happened and it sucks.)

- Canopies
Having canopies up generally is ok, but you are responsible for any damage you do to a fellow enthusiasts vehicle/property. For example, strong winds show up while you are away from the tent and it crashes into Willie's Insight. That would not be cool. Take appropriate precautions ahead of time. We will leave the lot unattended each evening so don't plan on storing anything onsite.

- Working on cars
Depends on what you mean I suppose. First it is assumed you are bringing your own tools. No tools will be supplied by the shop. Are you simply supporting the car with your hydraulic floorjack (with no jackstands) and doing a bunch of welding on a gas tank (with no protection or shielding)? This would not be cool. Adjusting valves and avoiding any fluid spillage? Totally cool. I think you get the gist of what I mean.

- Selling stuff
Totally fine with me. I know I'll be selling stuff and I expect so will many others. Do you officially need a sellers permit in Ohio? I have no idea. Feel free to research it and report back if you are so inclined.

- folding table
Seems to me it would fall along the same guidelines as canopy.

InsightFest is meant to be a fun event and I try to be pretty reasonable.
There will be times when I have to ask people to take it down a notch, or simply stop some activity, but that has been few and far between.
If you are not sure, please just ask me ahead of time. I'd rather we come to an agreement ahead of time rather than it become really awkward for you and me later. Or worse, someone truly gets hurt and we have to shut down the whole event.

People should feel free to call anytime with any question. There are no dumb questions!!! 608-729-4082

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
- Selling stuff
Totally fine with me. I know I'll be selling stuff and I expect so will many others. Do you officially need a sellers permit in Ohio? I have no idea. Feel free to research it and report back if you are so inclined.
https://www.tax.ohio.gov/taxeducation/Selling_Your_Stuff.aspx

you are selling a personal item that you originally purchased for your personal use, therefore you are not required to charge sales tax.
On the other hand, if you purchase an mp3 player at a very low price with plans of reselling it to try and make some extra money, you would need to charge sales tax. In this case, the item was not purchased for your personal use.
---

https://www.tax.ohio.gov/taxeducation/Internet_Catalog_Purchases.aspx

If the purchases are less frequent, you can make a voluntary payment of the tax by sending a payment of the amount due to the Ohio Department of Taxation along with a description of the purchases made and the dates of purchase. A voluntary payment form VP USE is available on our Web site at Tax Forms. Use tax on purchases by an individual can also be paid on the Ohio individual income tax return.
---

In the unlikely event the seller turned a net profit (after all costs / expenses are accounted for) , my guess is the portion that is a net profit might count for 'income tax' purposes.

When I file my taxes each year .. there are 'standard deductions' .. so that one does not have to itemize every tiny minutia of their life .. but .. some people choose to go that extra effort to itemize more stuff (to try and get a larger than 'standard' deduction, thus pay less taxes) .. to each their own.

Generally speaking .. the government doesn't fault you for overpaying more taxes than you actually owe them .. they are just fine keeping your money .. underpaying your taxes they do mind , the larger the amount the more they care .. in 2010 GE filed a ~57,000 page Tax return on ~$14 Billion in profits .. I am a small fish , and I don't need a ~57,000 page return to explain why what I paid in taxes was 'ok' for me to do.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Peoples! Would it be possible, during the weekend, for somebody to help me with an egr cleanout on my 2002? I’m happy to bring needed supplies, if you can specify them, and do the actual cleaning, but need help with the dis- & re-assembly. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,746 Posts
Is there a list somewhere, perhaps a spreadsheet, to show who is coming?

I've entered.

21 - 40 of 146 Posts
About this Discussion
145 Replies
32 Participants
Willie Williford
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing