Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get a lot of attention in my Insight, but this week I got more than usual. One morning on the way to work I saw a guy in the car behind me taking a picture of my car while stopped in traffic. Later in the week I was stopped at a traffic light, and the people crossing the street stopped and pointed. Then today I went to Honda to get some touch up paint, and when I returned to my car there was somebody taking pictures. You'd think I was driving a Porshe GT with all of this attention. Not bad for a $22000 car.

Gotta love the Insight!

:)

James

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I got that kind of attention back in 2001. But the insight was still new to people. I'm surprised it still gets that kind of attention, does your city not have many around?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live near San Francisco and hybrids are all over the place. I'm not sure why I've gotten so much attention lately. Maybe it's the high gas prices, and my license plate "GR8 GAS".

James

·
Registered
89 Posts
you guys think you get a lot of attention.... try haveing a chameleon paint job on an insight.

i actually allow an extra 15 minutes everywhere i go because i know i'm going have to talk about either the car or the paint to at least 1 person

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have noticed the same situation. I'm always asked about the little Insight, what the mileage is, etc. People either love, or hate the styling, too, so that generates a lot of comments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get my share of looks and questions. There aren't too many around this area (although I saw two parked together in Keene, NH just a few hours ago... maybe someone from this board?).

Chris

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been getting a lot of attention lately too - but guess I haven't been paying attention, because I was driving all weekend with my stepsister and she kept commenting on all the people cruising up to check us out!

I think a lot of it is the mpg sticker I have on my car -
http://www.mpgstick.com/
they're very small, but really seem to get the message across. I'm not a hypermiler so I went with the 60+ but they do have an 80+ version (no affiliation, just a happy customer). I think that one of the biggest problems with hybrid public relations is that people really don't realize the mileage of vehicles, even hybrids. they're always shocked to find out what I get!

the last two times I've filled up I've gotten a lot of attention at the gas station. I used to joke that the biggest difference between driving this car and my old civic is that now I don't know who's getting checked out - ME, or the CAR! [[I bet it's the car!]]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went to see "An Inconvenient truth" yesterday with my daughter in our little Insight. As everyone piled out of the theater and we got into the car, some people started clapping. That was pertty cool :)

The insight is briefly featured in the movie (blue one, like mine) when mentioning that people could drive cleaner cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How cool! That must have made you feel so proud. ^_^

Now I want to see that movie, too... and how convenient that mine is blue, as well! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drive a green Insight, and get tons of attention in it, but lately I get lots of extra attention in front of department stores/strip malls from people loading larger numbers of purchased items into their SUV/vans, mostly couples. I think they have interesting spending habits in general and are looking for ways to continue that behaviour now that gas prices have increased. This proves out my ongoing theory that one can ask the public to do the right thing all day every day and unless one offers incentives involving an attractive product, ease of use and economical advantage, they won't give such requests much consideration. Thank goodness the Insight's so shiny & pretty!

I never have to wonder whether it's me or the car being eyeballed. I could look like an astonishingly beautiful young Raquel Welch & still be upstaged by this car. In an odd way that's comforting!

MENTAL NOTE: ...must_go_to_see_An Inconvenient Truth_soon_and_make_certain_to_park_way_up_front!

·
Registered
476 Posts
constant stares

I think after awhile I don't notice the stares anymore, until someone asks, what is that. It looks fast. Is it fast? Fast enough. Then again, I have the only black one with chrome rims. People have no idea! :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Even with the gaudiest color (CYM), I rarely get any attention. Being in a small liberal college town, There's already a couple insights around. And a neighbor owns a Dynasty electric car. I even saw a GEM at a local resturant the other day. Who cares about a gas burner that's painted lime green?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I laugh every time people ask me if I have to plug it in.
I realy need to get one of those old fake wind up keys they made
with the suction cup mount.
then i could just reach into the rear hatch and pull the key out and tell
them i just wind it up every 30 days.
LOL
:lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Actually, I saw that "wind up key" on the back of a VW Bug the other day (the "new" bug). The key actually turned around whenever the car was in motion!! I thought that was super cool and wanted to do something like that on mine... but then figured it would be too much drag. hehehe

·
Registered
228 Posts
Re: constant stares

dfiore said:
Is it fast?
My enthusiasm for answering questions drops sharply when I hear this one. Pretty much a sign that the "asker" just doesn't get it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The asker doesn't get it!

You're right. You can get a speeding ticket in a Yugo....OK, maybe if it's being towed. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts