Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Tampabay Florida I used to see an Insight once every week or two. I swear I haven't seen one in at least 6 months! What's up with that?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not what I meant

seems they are dying off. You'd think I'd still see them once in awhile

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I still see them about as often as I have before. Of course AZ is probably an entirely different demographic than Florida. There are deffinitely a bunch of Pri here now though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
prious's

They're all over here too, like weeds. AND STILL NOT AS GOOD AS MY 6 YEAR OLD INSIGHT!

·
Registered
16 Posts
insight

i live in brandon,fl but work in sarasota. the past 2 mornings i have seen a silver insight pass me going north on I-75. There is also a green one around town. maybe i'll see 2 in 30 minutes....haha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keep an eye out

I have a black one. Honk if you see me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dfiore how many miles are you up to on yours now 250K, 300K ? I 'm sure you've still got the highest mileage. And repainted to boot.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
highest mileage

I just broke 240,000 yesterday. I do have a new enging and transmission in it. 48k about 20k ago

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should post a new picture of the newly painted almost 1/4 millon mile black Insight. This would be great sort of poster child for everyone to print off and show all the naysayers. You are getting close to the mileage I got out of my 88 CRX HF (320K).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Insight

Jackmpg said:
Don't know what's up with the Pri people. I beep and wave and they usually ignore you, what's up with that? Still quite a few Insights Sarasota way and south. My '05 and me will be around for ever, if possible. Jack
Usually its just a delayed reaction, I don't wave until too late.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are so many Pri people around Dallas that I rarely ever wave anymore because I have given up on them. I bet that after the introduction of the Camry(Hybrid) later this year there will tons of them riding around here as well. I wouldn't trade mine for 10 Pri's or Camry(hybrids).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big D Insightman said:
I wouldn't trade mine for 10 Pri's or Camty(hybrids).
Just becasue they don't wave at you? If you ever see a classic Prius they always wave. I think the more common a car gets, they less they pay atention to each other or at least stop waving at the increasing number of Prii they see on their commute each day. I wouldnt' trade my Prius for an Insight but I would buy one to have as my second car. I heard they have nice sprty handling that I like and the exta 5-10 MPG would be nice too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
waving

My other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler X, and wrangler owners wave at each other too. makes ya feel good.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I saw a nice-looking green one today in Colorado Springs. The owners (from New Mexico?) said they had just bought it, a 2000 with 40k miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts