Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I tried to look for used Insights on Ebay but there is nothing !!
Why is that ?? Are there difficulties to get a used Insight in the US ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Windmill the reason is probably down to the cost of fuel today and awareness of environmental issues plus no new model on the horizon ie everybody is holding on to them.

Just goe's to show what a satisfied bunch we are.

DGate

·
Registered
323 Posts
i noticed that this week. I am debating putting mine on ebay and was trying to find price comparisons!
It is a tough decision. I am very seriously looking into switching to biodiesel and waste vegetable oil as a fuel source and cannot afford two cars. I'm just afraid i will sell my insight without having another car ready to buy! lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We found ours on Autotrader (http://www.autotrader.com). There are some used Insights listed there, including a few for sale by individuals (depending on
how far you are willing to travel).

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
42 Insights on Autotrader at the moment. For a comparison there are 1,600 Priuses.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
merigayle, I'd think twice before leaping onto biofuel. Although I applaud using a waste product for fuel, your source of fuel may dry up as gasoline prices rise, (and they will soon according to stats). Furthermore certain goverment bean counters are trying to figure out how to tax it as well. They consider using it for road travel an avoidance of tax. Consider too the cost, time, and effort of purifying and removing the glycerine, the issue of solidification in cool weather, possible cleaning or repairs to the fuel system, and the increased carcinogenic nature of any Diesel exhaust (including biodiesel).

You may have political, environmental or economic factors that I'm not aware of, such as owning a restaurant . In that case you must follow your heart. Just take the above as a kind of brotherly advice. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found my Insight on Autotrader.com a few weeks ago. Definitely when I was looking only 1 Insight was listed on ebay. And even my first few choices on Autotrader sold within days of my inquiries.

This is definitely a rare and awesome car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought my 2000 insight (w/47K miles) in April 2007 for $8500 -- I was thinking about sticking it on ebay as well for $15000!! and take the money to buy a Civic Hybrid.

I'd never get that much tho - so I'll keep it - now maybe if gas was $5/gallon

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Be careful with ebay.. I bought mine on ebay in May and will probably never go this route again, when I replace the 00 with an 06 down the road. It did work out ok in the end since the seller was extremely honest. The help I've received from the great folks here for input and advice has been a tremendous asset too.

The asking prices are going up for the Insights.( I know... Duh!) It seems that late spring, (when gas prices are lower) reduces the demand for the car. Who knows what next spring will bring though.

If you have never driven an Insight, you really should before taking the plunge. You'll know quickly if the car is right for you.

It is my favorite vehicle from all I've owned over all these years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts