Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY have everything taken care of for my Insight. Spent an hour at DMV, got the registration and paid sales tax.

Went to the state inspection facility, and there was only a "10 minute" line. It looked like it was going pretty fast... but then when it was my turn the inspectors had no idea what to make of my Insight.

It was all the standard amusing questions. I forgot to switch back to the lifetime odometer display and it was on the FCD and he couldn't figure out how to switch it. I told him to hit the FCD button (I was in the 'viewing area' and couldn't go to the car). So then he starts hitting it repeatedly, switching between Trip A and the short term, frequently reset display (does that have a name?). I finally got his attention again and explained how to find the odometer. He didn't ask me what all the other numbers were.

They asked me if it used gas at all. They told me I should switch it to the gas part so they could do the testing. The couldn't find the tail pipe. Then their wand thing for the emissions test wouldn't stay in the tail pipe without falling out. When they did the emissions test it came out so low their computers said there was something wrong. NOx levels came out to be 63 and the Standard is 1077. I think he was supposed to accelerate higher than he did... not sure what the problem there was because he only went up to 20. I don't know what they normally do.

Then two of the guys came up and asked some general questions... does it recharge when I'm driving around. How long do I have to plug it in at night.

It was amusing. Certainly the first Hybrid they've seen!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds like NJ DMV strikes again. Im due to hit the inspection station this week, so Im sure I'll get the same with the tailpipe experience.

Sajego, you should have known the reception you'd get at DMV in the bay! An attractive driver with an attractive car and you're bound to get a lot of questions no matter where you go. (and requests for your phone number, too, knowing DMV employees!) <wink>

Michael

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be Mean..

Michael;

Man, you gotta be mean to women for 'em to like you.... 8) And don't forget: lie and tell her your Insight is a Porsche: she'll never know the difference when you hit the accelerator... :twisted:

JKB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts