Honda Insight Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but the Honda Insight I just picked up in USA did not include daytime running lights. To pass the Canadian RIV Import inspection it must have working daytime running lights. The first two Canadian Honda dealers I approached were not interested in installiing daytime running lights saying they did not want to work on hybrids, especially their wiring and the second one suggested Canadian Tire. Sure I want some kid at Canadian Tire hacking into the wiring on a complex car with no wiring diagram available. Any Canadians on the list having to install daytime running lights on an American spec vehicle please tell me who did it and how?

respond to the list or to [email protected]
Rocky in Edmonton

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean no warranty?

How do I know there is no warranty in Canada? That isn't what the book says? If the dealer's sales manager had never heard of gray market, then what is going on here? Why is a used car grey market? This is not a Canadian dealer selling an American car, but a US dealer selling a used US car and it could easily have been a FORD or GM dealer selling a used Honda. I don't get auto companies going out of their way to irritate customers they can't already properly service. I am already selling a SMART car after 6 weeks because MB were such total jerks. We would have bought two if they had been reasonable. The same goes for Honda. What gives? If the Canadian Honda dealers had any interest at all in selling hybrid autos we would have bought an insight two years ago. This June and July when were seriouslly looking for an Insight the 5 or 6 Honda dealers servicing our town of 500,000 could not be bothered selling this car. The Honda Insight is the bastard car of Honda dealers in Western Canada, "we don't have any, we aren't getting any, and we don't want any, and we won't order one". No posters in the dealerships, no mention on the awards lists of Honda models and awards.... What gives???

I don't get it , my brother in law who is a VP in the oil industry looked at the digital photos of the instrumentation in the Insight and saw my mileage going up and up and up with more miles, even with my CVT I am up to 55 mpg + at around 900 miles and he is going "why isn't Honda selling more??" and all I can say is "They don't want too!"

Rocky in Edmonton

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.