Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CVT insight. I am installing a Rostra Ultracruise II cruise control. My Rostra information does not say where to find the tach signal wire, and the posts in this forum don't seem to say either. Tom Hudsons post says he grounded the blue wire. I cannot find a description or pictures online of where the wire is. I have found the VSS wire. Can someone remedy this?

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Can you return what you have?

Then get one from Scott (KLR3CYL). It will be the correct kit for the Insight and will include the extra parts you need as well as a beautiful bracket for mounting the servo. It will also have Rostra supplemental Insight instructions.

Sam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rostra Insight

No, I cannot return it. And besides, it is installed. I am just looking for info to connect the tach wire. But thanks. Mick

·
Super Moderator
1,526 Posts
Thanks Sam for the plug on the cruise control.

I don’t use the blue tach wire at all, I cut it off and tape the end down to the loom. I have heard of some people grounding it, although I never have.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Me, too! I wonder where I got that from? :)

Sam

·
Registered
135 Posts
I want one!! can we buy them in the UK? Our CRZ has it and it does make cruising and snoozing so much easier:D
Seriously I would like a kit please

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
KLR3CYL is correct, you ground it. It's only used for over-rev protection in the event of you shifting out of gear in into neutral.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still confused

Wow, I think I am still confused. I have a 2006 Insight with a CVT transmission. Should I try to find the tach wire and connect the blue wire, tape it off, or ground it? Mick

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
It sounds like either way will work. It's not grounded in our CVT and it always works perfectly.

Edit: I have to say this: Cruise Control is counter-intuitive to good gas mileage. It wants to do the opposite of what hypermilers do. I only use mine on flat stretches when I want to wiggle my foot or ankle. I did an 1100 mile day on Saturday and never touched it.

Sam

·
Registered
440 Posts
Same here. I had it grounded for a while and in doing some troubleshooting, disconnected and just taped it up. Worked the same either way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts