Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
We at Weapon*R are looking for a vehicle to make a intake system for the Honda Insight.

We are located in the San Francisco Bay area.

The donor car will recieve a the prototype for testing.

Anyone who is intrested in this please contact me via email.

Leo Now.
Weapon*R
Head Fabricator.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but why? With so few Insights, and even fewer interested in performance gains, what's the point? Also, the 1HP gain probably won't be worth it, and messing with the intake tract can have the consequence of destroying the ability of the car to run in lean-burn.

If you are going to build something, many more people would be interested in a warm-air intake to harness the excess heat generated by the cat. Such a setup has shown proven gains in mileage, especially in cold weather.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm very glad a company is actively interested in developing performance parts for the Honda Insight. :shock:
I suggest more Insight owners would be interested in handling upgrades, like rear sway bars and suspension upgrades.
I know I would :twisted:

We all know that it's more efficient to maintain a speed instead of slowing down and speeding up all the time. So if we don't have to slow down for turns we use less fuel :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
performance handling

A Weapon-R Circuit Pro Coil Over kit would be very nice. There are probably a good number of us who'd go for them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
CAI

I don't mean to be rude, but why? With so few Insights, and even fewer interested in performance gains, what's the point? Also, the 1HP gain probably won't be worth it, and messing with the intake tract can have the consequence of destroying the ability of the car to run in lean-burn.

If you are going to build something, many more people would be interested in a warm-air intake to harness the excess heat generated by the cat. Such a setup has shown proven gains in mileage, especially in cold weather.
You really dont want to see any pics of my custom intake made with pvc toilet pipes!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
PVC in the engine bay always scares me. When it gets hot, it releases chlorine...

But I see by your signature that you're doing 18.3 in the quarter, so it's likely your intake is hurting you somewhat. :) I've seen as low as 17.5 on my bone stock (well, K&N filter) car. Generally I run high 17s.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I think that its not my intake the problem....but the fac that I live in Quebec....the gaz is not as effective as yours and weather / sea distance .I am surprize of your 17.5 since C&D did 17.9 at best with bone stock.... I tried before intake and did 18.4 so there is maybe a littre improvement...but soon I will change it for a custom one from a speed shop =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts