Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Insight Owners, I'm looking to buy a new car over the summer (or sooner) and I'm very interested in the Insight. But, I'm a musician and need to carry a decent amount of equipment around with me so, I need to make sure there is enough interior space for me. So, if you live in or near miami, I'd like to meet and check out your car, thanks to anyone for a reply. [email protected]

And thanks to all of you for doing good for our earth, I hope to join you soon. Austin

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Why not just visit a Honda dealer?

Is there some reason you can't check out an Insight at your Honda dealer?

·
Registered
200 Posts
austinmc, I don't live in the Miami area, but I am also a musician who owns an Insight so maybe I can tell you what I can carry and maybe that'll shed some light on its space for you. First of all, I'd assume if you're carrying equipment you won't have a passenger. What I do is carry my bass guitar and my bag of guitar gear in the front with me using the space of the passenger seat and footwell. In the back, there's room for my bass amp with plenty of room to spare. Me and the guys I play with were figuring that easily a couple monitors would also fit, then there would still be room for stands, bags of cords, etc. that could fit in gaps between the big stuff. There's also a cubby hole in the back that could hold various smaller items like cords, small gear, stomp boxes, that kind of stuff. Room is increased in the back if you're willing to drive with the rear hatch open, which I've done (its pretty easy with the cargo hooks in the hatch area to use rope or bungee cords to pull the hatch tight against the top of the load. So, the Insight can make a fairly decent little mini-truck, but when travelling like that the mileage will suffer due to the hatch being open and the additional weight. I wouldn't recommend it for going further than across town, if you are going to be travelling more than say an hour or so with the load then the Insight is probably not going to be a good load carrier. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies...

Thanks a lot for the help.
I'm going to go check out a honda dealer and bring some of my gear with me to make sure it fits. Thanks again...Peace, Austinmc

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live 1 hour away

It may be a little late but I live in Boca Raton, Fl. about 1 hour from Miami. If you're really interested I could meet you half way, like in Ft. Lauderdale or something. I have a 2003 Honda Insight, CVT.

If you get one you'll be the only other person I know in South Florida who has one. hehe. Quite rare. I see more $300,000+ Bentley's on the road than I see this car. Haven't seen one yet, and I love it. I like being rare, hopefully parts won't be a problem. Before the end of the year I'll be buying more floor mats to keep around just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts