Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in response to Chris' questions and comments regarding the interior colors. See thread http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1698 for details.

The pics have been resized to 640x480 so they'll actually fit on my image server. All pics were taken with a Vivitar 3715 3.3MP digicam and resized using Photoshop 7.

Front driver side

Front passenger side

Interior from driver side

Driver side from passenger

Passenger side from driver

Seat material detail

Better view of the seat

Color comparison of the gray floormats vs the beige interior

Cupholder area showing gearshift with replacement head, replacement brake pedal, iPod and cellphone.

I apologixe for the large number of pics. If anyone wants copies of the fullsize, PM or IM me and I'll get them to you.

Grazi
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ext1jdh:

___Thank you for the up close and personal 04 interior colors pictorial. She looks great!

___A bit OT but how do you like the i-Pod setup? Are you using the radio transmitter method to the radio on a non-used frequency or something else?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2irgdrud][email protected][/email:2irgdrud]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Curious, how many miles are you up to? And how is the new fabric holding up? Mine has a lot of wear going on for 29K.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Curious, how many miles are you up to? And how is the new fabric holding up? Mine has a lot of wear going on for 29K.
I'm at 47,000 miles with the older gray interior and I've noticed the seats like to capture and hold dust. Also, velcro hooks will tear up the grey material.

Is the supervelour the same material as on the LX and DX Civics?

I wouldn't mind replacing my gray interior for the newer gray/beige.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sparky5501 said:
I wouldn't mind replacing my gray interior for the newer gray/beige.
Unless you have a source of some in good shape out of a junk yard this probably isn't the most economical solution. Honda wants a fortune for new seat covers. Your looking at around $400 a seat if you go to Honda for the covers! For that price I'd suggest looking in to some leather, it would probably be cheaper.

The mesh material in the middle of the seats on a 04 is the same as the black on the older interior, it's just the outer grey fabric (and on the door panels) that is changed. I'm even getting pretty bad wear on my black mesh, which at first I thought was going to hold up pretty well. Guess it's the velcro on the shorts I wear.

One other interesting note, the old grey seat covers now list for more than the new beige does. There's also the issue with the holes in the head rests on the new interior you'd have to figure out how to get around.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just rollled over 4000 miles. The interior is in pretty good shape but yes, it does pick up a lot of debris. The Dirt Devil tents to pick it up without trouble though.

The iPod setup is not quite perfect. Sound reproduction suffers due to the xmitter, possibly the speakers as well. There is some crackling and popping at higher frequencies and I can hear a little bit of static during the silences. Thats only because I have the head unit's volume up pretty high. I spoke in another thread about the benefits of line in. Its just a matter of time before I replace the OEM head unit. The iTrip xmitter blocks off the remote control port and, in the cupholder, the pod is a little far away to just reach down and change tacks, volume, etc. I got it for $29 US at a local CompUSA which was 5 bucks shy of the regular retail price so I cant complain.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I notice that you have holes in the headrests. Mine are solid. Is this a 2004 model thing or an American thing? Or are holes in headrests just normal (and mine not!)?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2004. There is a small anchor at the back of the cargo area and the manual shows a child safety seat restraint cord going through the hole and back to the anchor point. If this was the only reason, I believe they put the same hole in the driver seat just for symmetry.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
xcel said:
Are you using the radio transmitter method to the radio
Yeah that cylindrical thing atop his iPod is the Griffin Technologies "iTrip" radio transmitter.

I have found those things give the worst sound, with cassette adapters almost as bad, and the best is a cable running to an non-OEM head unit with AUX inputs. His power adapter by Belkin (in the cig lighter) is already set up to run a line-level signal to the AUX input, so he's almost there right now.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
They added the holes in the head rests for 04. Why I don't really know. 00 to 03 were just a solid head rest, but they still have the child seat anchor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts