Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is it possible to put them in the headlights and save electrical power. How many would it take to equal The brightness on dim setting? And would it be a lot less energy requirement? A friend of mine wanted to know.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think they the LED are 6k, which is white with a hint of blue.
I don't like blue-tinted interior lights. 6000 K is way too blue for me. Can you source any that are 3000 K and just as bright? I'm willing to pay more for the privilege!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I don't like blue-tinted interior lights. 6000 K is way too blue for me. Can you source any that are 3000 K and just as bright? I'm willing to pay more for the privilege!
PM sent.

I have one of these in my 2010 Insight. It's been in there for almost 2 years, and I noticed some of the little LEDs are going out. Have you noticed this problem in any of the ones you're selling?
The ones on my cars are over 1 year old and I have no issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, I picked up an 03 CVT this afternoon and would like a set of these!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't like blue-tinted interior lights. 6000 K is way too blue for me. Can you source any that are 3000 K and just as bright?
Well holy cow!

tryingbe sourced and sent me some 3000 K lights. I put them in and there is one word for them: Perfect.

When I bench-tested them they didn't seem that bright which dampened my expectations, but in the car they are way brighter than the incandescent bulbs.
But they are about the same color and look very natural. I'm impressed and very happy. Thank you! Worth every penny.

Old dome light:

LED dome light:

Old trunk light:

LED trunk light:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
How much are the 3k lights? I've been waiting for something warmer...

·
Registered
551 Posts
How much are the 3k lights? I've been waiting for something warmer...
Same price as 6000 K lights. The first post has been updated.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine installed yesterday, and wow what a difference, even in daylight it illuminates some of the deeper parts of the interior. Honestly, it may even be too bright for night, I'm going to see if putting a little electrical tape over a row or two will turn it down a notch.

Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I've got some of tryingbe's first gen lights in my car. I ordered a set of the warmer lights for my wife's car.

He sent them quickly, 10 minute job (I'm slow!?), they look great!

Thanks, tryingbe!

Everyone else, these are an excellent upgrade to your cars!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Any tips for connector issues on the front ones? Mine was kinda flaky at first and now doesn't work. It seems like the little contacts move around a lot.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Any tips for connector issues on the front ones? Mine was kinda flaky at first and now doesn't work. It seems like the little contacts move around a lot.
Hi Tyler,

I usually use pliers to shape the contacting metal so they don't move. In my haste of grabbing them and giving to you in person as a gift, I might not have done that. Give that a try.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Gotcha, I'll take a look, thanks. The swapped transmission is doing well, just a little isb noise. I'll do that when I do that mount in the spring

41 - 60 of 74 Posts