Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to the International car show this week (PA) to check out the insight. They had it listed in the paper, in the advertisement for the show, and other places as being one of the cars there. so naturally i was amped to go since its a great oppurtunity to at least see one up close and talk to someone about it in person.

So i get there, all ansy in the pantsy, finally work my way over to the hondas with excitement building.

Low and behold .... no insights.. i was crushed. I asked the girl at the honda counter what was up with me not seeing any insights.. she proceeeded to tell me that it was not there AND the only show she had been at were she saw one was in california... that was most disapointing.

Anyways, if the show is comin to a town near you and you were lookin to get a glimpse of the insight up close and personal like... even if it is listed in teh advertisments.. dont get your hopes up.

and if it is there... let me know i will be on my way :p

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'll be at the Toronto show today, so I'll check. Last year they had a red one, which drew a pretty decent crowd.

No Insight at the Detroit show this year, and the Honda lady basically said the Insight is over.

·
Registered
33 Posts
At the Pittsburgh Auto Show there were no Insights. They did have the Civic and Accord hybrids however. But I was looking forward to seeing an Insight as well, but didnt happen. :cry:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The Toronto Auto Show had not one, but two Insights.

The first was in a government of Canada display, highlighting the most fuel efficient vehicles. The Insight was of course at the top of the list. This particular Insight was for display only, as it had large sections of it's body cut out to display it's innarts. VERY cool. While most of us have seen the cross section of the car before, being able to touch and look closely was great. I probably spent an hour total at that display, looking at the car, talking to the public, and educating the people who actually worked at the booth (they kept confusing the Insight with the Prius, which was also there).

The 2nd Insight was at the Honda display. Dark metallic blue (quite nice), with tan sued interior. I must say that I am impressed by the new interior. They've replaced the fragile grey fabric with sued, and imporoved on the black "mesh" on the seats. Overall, it looks like wear will be a nonissue. Unfortunately, at the Honda booth, the reps were few and far between, so I couldn't get any details on what year the car is, and if they are actually still selling them. Many Honda reps around the Hybrid Accord, but they knew nothing of the Insight.

On a side note, I spent about an hour at the Toyota booth. They too had a sectioned Prius (cut in half), which lights indicating the energy flow and how the system worked. And I must say, the Toyota reps were significantly cuter then their Honda counterparts. I spent most of my time with one rep. She seemed to know enough about the Prius to sell it, but could not answer any other questions. So I took her under my wing (literally) and did some educating. :)

Of course, the Hybrid Escape was also present. It had huge stickers that said "Full Hybrid!", so I eagerly asked the Ford kid if someone finally made a hybrid that could be plugged in. Sadly, it's all just marketing. No plug. And I must say, the ignorance this kid displayed regarding his own product is amazing. No concept of how it works. And talking about the other hybrids or EVs was an absolute riot. No knowledge past his brochure, and when he didn't know, he made it up (did you know that our Insights have calcium filled wheels? And that the body is magnesuim? And you can plug in any time? Me neither...).

Anyway, EXCELLANT show.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Thanks for the great info Aaron. I'm just on my way out to plug in the Insight. :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
International Auto Show

Yeah, no Insight at the show here in DC, either. Just heard from a friend who's at the Chicago show - he didn't mention the Insight yet, but did say the Smart is there - displayed right behind the Maybach!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The Insight was at the Chicago Auto Show. (I have pics to prove it). In fact it was up on the stage with the Accord and Civic hybrids just before the big Civic Si "concept" car was unveiled. xcel and I were there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts