Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I'm excited to announce LeadSight, a drop-in IMA battery solution that completely replaces the OEM NiMH system. LeadSight uses time-tested battery technology. In fact, nearly every single vehicle sold around the world has used this technology for years. However, LeadSight takes a new twist by drastically increasing the voltage; most cars use a paltry 12 volt pile, but using cutting edge "series connected" technology, LeadSight is able to deliver 204 volts.

Amazingly, LeadSight replaces the stock 120 cell NiMH system with just 17 modules (each of which contains just 6 sub-cells). As everyone knows, reduced part count equates to a better product. Even better, LeadSight no longer requires any battery management whatsoever! This is due to the superior stability of the chemical reaction (PbSO4 + H2SO4 & PbO2 + H2SO4 + Pb). Time tested and long-lasting, LeadSight brings insight into the 20th century like no previous technology!

For longest performance, LeadSight is recommended for use with large ampacity deep cycle marine batteries. Some suspension upgrades will be required, but I've been working with Scott to design a considerably more rigid spring:
iu.jpg

With the introduction on LeadSight, I've discontinued development on Linsight. Fret not, as LeadSight is superior technology in every way. Even more amazing, LeadSight is available TODAY! More amazing still, LeadSight's electronics are 100% compatible with my next project: LeydenSight.

LeydenSight is an upgraded performance package that replaces the LeadSight batteries with the highest current delivery devices available from Tesla. Originally developed for scientific experiments in research laboratories, the technology is now finding it's ways into vehicles. In fact, LeydenSight is the first time this technology has been adapted to motor vehicle transport.

LeydenSight is virtually immune from overcharging AND undercharging. What's even better: LeydenSight's storage capacity is only limited by how much volume inside your car you wish to devote to storage cells. Each cell uses simple, off-the-shelf jars. Can't afford a custom fit jar? Start off with that old pickle jar your mom used to brew kombucha in. Scientists worked for years to figure out how to pack more and more energy in these jars. Thanks to their dedication, you can now store enough energy to provide assist for thousands of microseconds! Can you imagine how much faster your insight will be with an additional 166 nWh of energy available the instant you mash down the gas pedal? Well, imagine no more, because LeydenSight brings your dreams to reality!

I still haven't finished final development on LeydenSight, but soon I'll have a custom blown glass storage cell that replaces the passenger seat. I've also begun development on a glass jar that is blown in place so that it was fill the entire rear trunk.

Not sure which system is right for you? Most people will gain the most performance from LeadSight systems. However, if you're a hot rodder that wants the most possible instantaneous power, LeydenSight will deliver more on-demand power (albeit for less time). Either way, you can't go wrong with either system. If you buy one and end up wanting the other, the only thing you'll need to replace is the actual energy storage mechanism.

EDIT: Due to overwhelming demand, every system now ships with all tools required for installation, including the absolutely critical vegetable peeler.

·
Registered
652 Posts
You need to change your avatar from Linsight Designer to leadsight implementer. A a diesel Submarine guy I have always been partial to lead. Individual cells were about 5 ft tall and a foot square and weighted about 1 ton. I'mm willing to give up the passenger seat to install a couple of tesla power walls provided they let me use their supercharger network. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I thought you were going to make a potatosight and the optional limesight for those who want their batteries to match their car color.

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
I'm also active in researching new storage methods. I'm working on a supercapacitor designed especially for the Insight - to be called InsightCap, obviously. I'll be installing a plastic film completely over the roof, with a layer of metal foil bonded on top. Research continues on the metal to be used but a micro layer of gold looks most promising. I'll be able to charge the super capacitor to 1000V, and run it off the 12V. Some dc-dc conversion required. The approach is guaranteed to raise the value of the car;)

·
3,641 Posts
There are even better options: I have been experimenting with a propulsion system even more reliable, much older, and something completely FREE! I lined the rear glass of the hatch completely with fresnel lenses that I got from eBay: 2 LARGE FRESNEL LENS PROJECTION SOLAR OVEN FIRE STARTER HEAT SQUARE | eBay and installed a steam kettle to generate FREE STEAM in the very back of the trunk area. A small steam turbine converts this steam energy into FREE ELECTRICITY and feeds the IMA batteries with a constant charge, even enough on overcast days.
Problems to overcome:
- I burnt my neck with the unharnessed steam
- Steam fogs up the inside of windows, and completely obscures outward visibility of the front windshield. But because the rear area is warm, the rear visibility remains excellent! For this reason, and because the technology is from the past, and because this gadget is in the very rear of the car, I have aplied for the patent and registered the trademark name under "HindSight".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
freezin4
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing