Honda Insight Forum banner
701 - 720 of 724 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 · (Edited)
So something like the Schaefer IT 4876? That whole series looks quite large.

60S pack:
Vmax(abs): 252
Vmax(85%SoC): 238
Vmin(10%SoC): 204
Vmin(abs): 180

I don't have any record with @hondarider90 as the submitter. If you filled the form all the way out, send me a PM with your name/email and I can check that way, too.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Let me know which inverter you end up using.
On the back burner here is to see if there is a path to 120VAC from the HV pack using existing parts (spare IGBT, gutted 12 and 48V PSW inverters, etc) but at this point I have not settled on a pack voltage range. It may be as wide as 120 - 240 VDC. So I am interested to discuss this further, perhaps on another thread.

I am aware that many modern switching supplies for devices (ie laptops) have a simple bridge rectifier input that produces an HV input that could tolerate such a wide voltage range, but I do not want to proceed without a way to fuse it, and it seems that the DC rating of fuses is highly dependent on the maximum amount of current that may pass, and finding this info is its own project, it seems.

·
Linsight Designer
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #708 ·
Mudder, I definitely submitted the order with my username of hondarider 90. I'm 100% certain of it so there appears to be an issue with the submission forms.
I did find a submission for the 47 Ah modules, but not for the actual DIY LiBCM Kit. It's possible Google ate your reply. Regardless, I don't see it, so if you can please submit again.

·
Linsight Designer
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
I filled out the certified installer but nothing on that was related to 47ah, I don't see anything anywhere on the site for ordering libcm 47ah kit.
The Certified Installer form isn't updated yet... it's a work in progress and I'm a one man show.
My (eventual) goal is to have just one form, that adapts to each user input.

I've received your submission and have noted you want the 47Ah version, once it's ready.

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
@mudder. Could we please get a new dedicated thread for the 47 Ahr FoMoCo build and for supporting processes. There is a fair amount of information already passing within existing threads and that's no way to treat such an important subject. I fully realize that much of this is comming as questions from others, still... :) :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mudder, I've been following this project for a long time and appreciate the effort and thoroughness that has gone into it so far. The 5Ah design was interesting, although not a game changer for my usage but I'm all in for the 47Ah version.

I understand from all the development and beta testing that the 48S system works as a replacement for the Nimh without any further hardware changes to motor or controller etc.

With the 60S maximum voltage being much higher, will other hardware also need to be modified or is there confidence there is sufficient margin

I will be placing an order once it has exited beta. :)

Thanks again.
Tim

701 - 720 of 724 Posts