Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Insight Central,

As many of you have been suspecting for a while now, I am excited to finally announce that better than OEM IMA Batteries are back on the market! Bumblebee Batteries, LLC is proud to offer the new MAXIMA upgraded IMA battery for the 1st generation Insight and 1st generation Civic Hybrid. The MAXIMA performance IMA battery line is manufactured for Bumblebee Batteries, LLC using high quality manufacturing methods and the latest NiMH manufacturing technology. This know-how has been refined over decades of operational experience and multiple years of Honda IMA battery specific R&D. These brand new cells have been designed, tested, and proven to provide significantly improved performance when compared to ANY OEM Honda battery solution – new or used.

Our Vision:
Our vision is simple: To provide brand new batteries that do not just simply offer an alternative to what you have now, but instead provide a significant upgrade. We share the same love for our cars that you do, and we feel our product will help keep an aging fleet of hybrids on the road for many years to come.

We believe that the customer comes first. We believe that open, honest communication is paramount to understanding and satisfaction. We provide all shipment progress and company updates via our Twitter feed at @bumblebeebatts or via our Infoblog on our website(coming soon). This way our most important asset – you - are never left in the dark.

The cost of the MAXIMA upgraded IMA battery is $2095. We are fully self capitalized and will never use your funds to order our product. We place regular orders with our manufacturer and expect to have sufficient stock in hand to fill orders as they arrive, and any lead times will always be clearly communicated.

Ordering Process:

Our process is simple:

1) You place a fully refundable minimum deposit of $100 to hold your place in line.

2) You will be contacted and given a realistic timeframe for when you should expect to receive your battery.

3) When our thorough quality control process & assembly is complete and the battery is ready for immediate shipment to you, the balance will be due (less your deposit).

4) Your battery will be topped off immediately prior to shipping, ensuring it reaches you as charged and ready to go as possible.

Deposits can be made to [email protected].

Warranty:
We offer a full 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. If your MAXIMA battery fails for any reason during those two years, contact us. We will repair or replace your battery at our discretion and get it back to you as soon as possible. Certain conditions do apply – please contact us for details.

Extended warranty:
We offer reasonably priced extended warranties to increase the warranty coverage of your MAXIMA battery to a full three years, equivalent to a new OEM replacement battery purchased from Honda.

BetterBattery Owners:
You are no longer alone! We are happy to help you keep your battery running for many years to come. Contact us directly for more information.

InsightCentral is very important to us. This product would not exist without this community and the support from all of you. We are happy to announce that we are in the process of becoming a site vendor, and will soon have our own dedicated forum on the site.

Bumblebee Batteries, LLC - Helping your hybrid get from point A to point Bee. We look forward to serving you.

Phone: 503-730-8786
[email protected]
Bumblebee Batteries, LLC
Bumblebee Batteries, LLC | Facebook
https://twitter.com/bumblebeebatts

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
I watched the battery on your website fill to 96%. Does that mean no other orders can be accepted, Does it go to a positive RECAL now?

Just kidding, as soon as I get two more bags of alum. cans, I'll call.
Hope you are successful.

Willie

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched the battery on your website fill to 96%. Does that mean no other orders can be accepted, Does it go to a positive RECAL now?

Just kidding, as soon as I get two more bags of alum. cans, I'll call.
Hope you are successful.

Willie
:D

That was just a countdown timer/percentage of completion.

The official, albeit lacking content and definitely under construction website is now up! Not much to see yet, but hey it's a start!

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Deposit sent ,

Willie

·
Super Moderator
7,195 Posts
Wishes for the Best of Luck

Hope you have a very successful venture. Bought a used one in the interim, so in fair condition right now, but my day is coming;)

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice name, and I assume its pronounced MAX-"pause"-IMA ? Sometimes I read maxima as one word and think of nissan :rolleyes:
No pause necessary really, just use the long "I". Kinda sounds like the word "maxima" with some weird accent. :D

·
Administrator
10,772 Posts
I just want to go and shout << MaxIma, MaxIma, MaxIma

“My name is Maxima Batteria Insighticus, Commander of the Hybrids of the North, General of the Honda Legions, loyal servant to the true motor, Brushleus Imaus. Father to a murdered battery, husband to a murdered cell. And I will have my vengeance, in this car or the next.”
Apologies for the Latin grammar. :)

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D :fnfuny: :D

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Eli!!!!

Sam

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know anyone in Portland who can install one? I can barely lift a 12V battery to put it in a shopping cart, LOL.
Hi Sheree,

We can do the installation for you, no problem. We will waive the core charge if we do the install as well.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Got a notification email yesterday that a shipment of sticks has cleared customs along with a droolworth picture of a couple crates full of brand new, uprated sticks.

Talked with Eli and he said he was doing QC on them poste-haste (but cell-level!), so I've put down my full payment. Hopefully I should have my new battery within the month... I can't wait!

Sam

·
Registered
894 Posts
I want pictures!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'm sure he'll post some if we keep this thread bumped :p.

The test rig would be neat to see too.

Sam

·
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I was out of town all weekend on urgent battery related business. :D

I'll snap some pics. The test rig.... is very prototype-ey. But it works, and that's all that matters I guess.

Here's a little something to whet your appetite.

Unfortunately the fancy Bumblebee heatshrink won't be on your battery Sam, but perhaps in the future. ;)

More to come..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The price you pay for being an early adopter!

Sam

·
Registered
410 Posts
You should put your company logo on that heat shrink wrap. It would look better. Also, I think a Royal Blue and Yellow would be a good color scheme for your web site and product packaging. Just a suggestion...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 20 of 128 Posts