Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just updated my iPhone 4S to IOS 6 last night. Now when I plug it into my 2011 Insight EX, it gives me a message that it's not supported. Do I need to undo the update? Does Honda ever update THEIR software to accommodate updates like this? My town has a sad, small list of radio options, so my iPhone was plugged in all the time. Help!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Have you tried just dismissing the message and seeing if that works? My wife was getting that message on her iphone4 with a previous software edition. she just dismisses it and it works fine. I'm the only one who has updated in my household so far, I'll go out & check it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.

I can't dismiss it.

Occasionally (twice) I got it to play, but it will only play the first song in my Playlist. And it quits out after a few seconds. Both times I could scroll through the options of Playlist, Artist, Song, etc. but I couldn't select them.

When it crashes, I get the message that it's unsupported. I guess I'm unsure who to get in touch with… Apple or Honda. Or maybe I just reset my phone to the factory settings since I just got it in June. Grrr…. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also tried...

I read on another forum where someone had a similar problem back a year or two ago when IOS 4 came out. They plugged in the iPhone using the USB jack, shut the phone completely off, then restarted the phone while plugged in. Apparently that was all it took for it to recognize the new system. So I tried this, but it didn't work either.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, mine works fine. As soon as I touched OK on the start up screen of the NAV, it started playing ipod content. The iphone says "accessory connected" I did not try the bluetooth. I will say this, because I updated using itunes with my iphone plugged into my Macbook, I did not have any of the problems with the update many others reported. I think this is because itunes makes a backup before updating and then restores some settings. Doing the update over wifi or the network my be part of the problem. There was talk of problems connected to wifi automatically for instance. I do notice my wifi seems weaker, at home I think it used to connect out in the garage for instance and now it doesn't. The new maps are not ready for prime time. One can get a form of google maps back, with an icon, just check online for directions. That version is not as well integrated though. For traffic I got an app called Inrex (free version) that works well. Traffic was the main thing I opened the maps for.

Someone without NAV will have to test the regular EX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No NAV here

Egads--thanks for trying to help!

I have the EX without the NAV. I wonder if that makes any difference? If someone else has the EX without the NAV, I'd love to hear your experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man that sucks... I would try contacting Honda about it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S that has been upgraded to iOS 6 and a 2010 EX without Navi. No issues at all using the iPhone plugged into the USB jack. Check your USB/iPhone cable - might want to swap it out to see if the problem goes away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts