Honda Insight Forum banner

iPhone Aux Dash

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JamesK-insight 
#1 ·
Hello - I've got my WiFi ODB2 Reader and iPhone working on the insight with DashCommand. I've made this and thought I'd share:

Dashboards | Facebook

It monitors a few basic items about the petrol engine (looks like the IMA stuff isn't going to display).

Any thoughts on what else I should monitor to help me improve my economy?

Anyone with DashCommand can just download the dash through their iPhone if they want to play with it.

Cheers!

#2 ·
James,

I am curious if you had done any modifications to the Dashboard to include new sensors? I am not very familiar with DashCommand but I am familiar with the concept. I use Torque for Android. There is a way to add your own PIDs but having difficulty figuring some things out.

Kris

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#7 ·
I have one of those bluetooth elm odb2 readers from ebay and have tired both dash command and torque. I had the demos and it did not give the afr. I wanted to see if the engine always ran lean or if under light load where the mpg peaks if it was some form of lean burn.

Other than the afr, the cvt ratio or temp is something Id like to watch, but mainly the afr, air to fuel ratio for signs of lean burn.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

#8 ·
Hi Cobb,

No joy with the cvt temp pid or ratio not sure they are in the supported pid list, but I can put the AFR on... Would commanded (hovers around 14/15 in normal driving and leans to 29 when running on ev with fuel cut), the lambda values (1 is normal stoichiometry ... Less than is rich and greater than is lean) or both be best?

Cheers!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#10 ·
Added fuel mix to dash... Have a Play and let me know what you think. It gives a green bar when mix is lean (lambda 1-2) or yellow when rich (lambda 1-0). Interested if there is a sort of lean mode other than ev only.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.