1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I haven't figure it out either. In fact, I couldn't figure out how to pause a CD the other day. Couldn't find a button on the nav/stereo.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My EX doesn't have Nav, so I'm not sure about that, but on mine, it took me a few minutes to realize there were no play/pause buttons, you just have to press the power button. Not very intuitive...

Looking at the manual, for models with nav (page 229), it would seem like you guys probably need to do the same (use the power button).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, just hit the power button. It will remember where you were in the song when you hit power again.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I am assuming you mean a button on the iPod itself? I'll have to try that. Whenever I look at it while plugged into the car system it only says "ok to disconnect" and there doesn't appear to be any real control of the device itself.

Would this work for pause too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This might not be the solution for you but I recently found out that if you double click the home button, it will bring up the ipod controls on the screen and you can pause from there.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
By "home" button you must mean an iPhone? I use my iPod Classic in my I2 so I have access to my 6,000 song library.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am assuming you mean a button on the iPod itself? I'll have to try that. Whenever I look at it while plugged into the car system it only says "ok to disconnect" and there doesn't appear to be any real control of the device itself.

I haven't tried, but I don't believe the iPod controls are usable when it's plugged in. I was referring to the power button on the stereo (top left button which appears to also be the volume knob).

·
Registered
625 Posts

Oh, you know what, I totally didn't pay attention to you saying you have the nav system. On the non nav, the power button for the radio effectively pauses the song.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have this coiled usb cable from Griffin that works with my iPod Classic (6th Gen) and nano (4th Gen).

Kind of funny how even the manual doesn't really describe how to just "pause" the iPod, only how to change to another input:

To Stop Playing Your iPod

To play the radio when an iPod is
playing, press the FM/AM button or
touch the FM1, FM2, or AM icon. If
a disc is in the audio unit, press the
CD/AUX button or touch the CD
icon to play the disc. If a PC card is
in the audio unit, press the CD/AUX
button or touch the CARD icon to
play a PC card.

Press the CD/AUX button again or
touch the AUX icon to switch back to
the iPod.
From that, I'm guessing you have to just do the same as us without nav: press the power button. It should pick up right where you left off, so effectively it's the same as "pause".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nav system works the same way. When I hit the power button on the upper left of the display, it stops the iPod (in pause) and shows the Map view.

Touching the iPod to pause it is cheating! Especially if the Honda logo is up!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh just wanted to warn you about this. I've found that the new iPods/iPhones only connect to the Honda USB with the Apple USB cable. This might not effect your classic though.
It works fine on my iPhone and my 4th Gen Nano

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I don't get the power button idea. What if I want to pause my ipod but listen to the radio? Doesn't it power down the whole head unit?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't get the power button idea. What if I want to pause my ipod but listen to the radio? Doesn't it power down the whole head unit?
If that's the case, just switch to the radio (or CD, or whatever input you are wanting) per the manual quoted above. It will pause the iPod for you and return to the same point when you go back to it...no need to pause and then switch to radio.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Between this "feature" (no need to "clutter" the radio head with a pause button..) and the bug in the 2010 Honda Insight Navigation, I investigated getting a different radio head.

I was told by my local stereo shop (who had no information on hardware for the 2010 Insight yet..), that I could not use my steering wheel bluetooth, nor my just-installed Honda XM radio black box.

Good grief.. Anyone tried to install any Alpine video head units in the Insight? They were pushing the Alpine iXA-W407
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

2010 Honda Insight Navigation Bug:
YouTube - pdconner's Channel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is non navi.. but when I switch from my iPod to radio or disk it pauses my iPod and starts back where I was when I switch back

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, power is the new pause button.
I would prefer to have mute function instead of pause especially there's a incoming call. At first I thought the button with a note/speaker icon is the mute but it turns out it is a sound setting...

·
Registered
61 Posts
The pause button/function was the 2nd thing I looked for after connecting my iPod to the system. I asked the salesman where the pause function was and he said "gee, nobody has asked that before" we commenced to discover there wasn't one. :rolleyes:

I can't believe they didn't put a pause button on the steering wheel, that's where it is really needed.

I think it's very silly to have to switch inputs or hit the off button to obtain a pause function.

It's clear to me the engineer/designer never actually used the system while driving. I wish they left the controls of the iPod functional when it was connected I guess the other option is to use the 3.5mm connection if you want to maintain the local controls of your iPod and have a real pause feature.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The pause button/function was the 2nd thing I looked for after connecting my iPod to the system. I asked the salesman where the pause function was and he said "gee, nobody has asked that before" we commenced to discover there wasn't one. :rolleyes:

I can't believe they didn't put a pause button on the steering wheel, that's where it is really needed.

I think it's very silly to have to switch inputs or hit the off button to obtain a pause function.

It's clear to me the engineer/designer never actually used the system while driving. I wish they left the controls of the iPod functional when it was connected I guess the other option is to use the 3.5mm connection if you want to maintain the local controls of your iPod and have a real pause feature.
I honestly havent given it a thought. Switching from the iPod to the radio or just shutting off the music with the on off button works fine for me! Now the music scrolling function...that's a different story. There needs to be a way to at least select a letter first rather than scroll through every artist.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts