Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity... howm any people have hooked up an ipod or similar MP3 Player to their Insight.

I just finished my version 1 of an Inisght Ipod Cradle. Just drop it in and play your tunes. I will post some pics this weekend....

Just wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got mine hooked up to the aux in from my JVC El Kameleon headunit.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I tried the Itrip, don't even waste your time, it's not worth it, at least here in the city you get the worst reception i've ever heard with any device, I hook up mine to the Aux cable, and I also use it for my wife to watch movies when we go on extended drives, the really nice thing about it is that you don't hear the nagging about going too slow. :)

She is too busy watching her movies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an I trip, i use it in other peoples cars. Works well for me. Can broadcast on 87.9 which is usually empty....

The aux cable is much better solution though.

I use a belkin adapter so i never have to plug in the aux cable, i just drop mine i a cradle....

·
Registered
225 Posts
I use an iTrip. There's a little bit of background static but it's bearable. you gotta turn up the iPod volume to about 75% to get dynamic range control.

better yet replace the head unit with one that has an aux input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
itrip

I use an iTrip. It's not perfect, but it does work.
My only beef with it is that since there is a bit of static, I have to listen to rock, techno, rap, punk etc to drown out the static. It simply doesn't work well with classical, folk, ambiant electronica, blues...
The static just drives you nuts when you listen to music on the slower, softer side. But your typical "driving music" is just fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use my ipod with the alpine KCA-420i and an older Alpine receiver (7894). Alpine says you have to use a 2004 or newer receiver in order for this to work, but its not the case. As long as your receiver works with Ai-net, the ipod adapter will work. And it works great. The sound quality is fantastic, my song titles are displayed, the ipod is charged, and i control the ipod from the stereo.... what more could you ask for? 8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: itrip

ecogrl said:
I use an iTrip. It's not perfect, but it does work.
My only beef with it is that since there is a bit of static, I have to listen to rock, techno, rap, punk etc to drown out the static. It simply doesn't work well with classical, folk, ambiant electronica, blues...
The static just drives you nuts when you listen to music on the slower, softer side. But your typical "driving music" is just fine.
Sounds very similar to my Sirius reciever with FM transmitter. It works great, but I still get occasional static. I wonder if it would work better if you removed the Insight's antenna when you wanted to use the transmitter? Would you get more, less, or the same static? I'm going to try it tomorrow and find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alpine KCA-420i

Where did you mount the alpine KCA-420i?

Where did the 6 cd changer go?

When I look under my rear carpet I can see a place for it beside the storage area... I also see the "black foam" does the CDchanger/alpine KCA-420i go there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You don't need the CD changer, just an alpine receiver that works with "AI-net". The Receiver controlls the ipod under the "changer" functions. I mounted the KCA-420i under my passenger seat, and ran the cables under the shift console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts