Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, to my knowledge you have to drive a huge number of miles to recoup the costs of getting a hybrid. So from a purely personal economical standpoint, hybrid cars aren't really worth the fuel savings. More savings are availible on hybrid SUVs and such though, I reckon.

However, I can't speak for the Civic, but the Insight is a very good deal - Honda absorbs a very substantial portion of the cost, so you get a lot of car for your money. However, it doesn't really make much of a family car, which is what you indicated you wanted the car for.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Uhh, maybe it's just me, but there's no way any Ford Focus is an "8 second car." Considering muscle cars are like at least 12 stock and a 6000 horsepower dragster is only a 5 second car, I find that claim a bit absurd. :?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't know how people can complain about the performance of the Insight, though I have a hunch it's because they use higher gears. And important thing to remember is that 4th and fifth are both overdrive gears, and 3rd is a hairs breadth away from overdrive itself. If you need performance, 1st gear goes past 30 mph and 2nd will reach past 60 mph - and the Insight accelerates quite satisfactory in those gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts