Honda Insight Forum banner

Is Everyone So Anti-EV?

6755 Views 49 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  boogetyboogety
I just downloaded those excellant 1 page Insight brochures from the "comments" thread, and was greatly impressed. However, one thing hit me like a hammer: the bold text proudly proclaiming "The car never needs to be plugged in". Am I the only one that sees this as a major disadvantage? We should not be hyping the fact that it cannot be plugged in, we should be maligning it. Evertime I give the "standard speech", and they ask if you have to plug it in, I always say "Unfortunately, I can't.". Which then leads to the discussion about why not being able to plug in is a major disadvantage, and how auto manufacturers should be striving for both pure electric vehicles, and true hybrids which CAN be plugged in...

Just a thought.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Aaron Cake said:
I just downloaded those excellant 1 page Insight brochures from the "comments" thread, and was greatly impressed.
Thanks! :D I put it together with help from Dflach.

The "never needs to be plugged in" was not in Bold in the UK version - talk to Ucffool who revised the UK version for the US!
However, I would imagine that he was trying to emphasise the correction of the common misconception about our Insights.

Personally, I agree with you that the ability to plug in Hybrid vehicles would be useful but I would suggest that manufacturers have avoided this method so that they can sell Hybrids as normal, get in and drive cars.

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
To Bold or not to Bold

Andy - Thanks again. I'm happy with any changes you think are needed! 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.