Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is Ok to post. If not I'll delete it.

deleted... :( :(

I guess I'll put the parts on ebay, in a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
It would make it easier to find parts for our Insights.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
It would make it easier to find parts for our Insights.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Items for sale should be here, but in a separate catagory, and the site should get a percentage of the sale.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi folks-

I agree it would make it easier to find parts. But I would hate to see this place turn into another eBay. I support the decision to keep it advertising clear. Think how many dealers would jump at the chance for free listings. If it were not free then than a whole monitoring/billing dept would have to be set up. Personally, I think it would be great for members like cakely to be able to sell unique and hard to find parts, but where does the line get drawn the line to keep J.C.Whitney out?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its pretty common for car forums to have a classified section. Normally broken down by private sellers/item in one section and paying adverts in another section.

I'll delete all the stuff I had for sale. Just adds to the reason why I sold my Insight. Parts are so far and few and will only get harder to find.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi cakley-

I was only putting in my 2 cents. Please don’t pull your stuff ‘cause I complained! Nowhere here does it say that this place is run by consensus. I feel that the decision is up to the administrators. Wait for a ruling from them.

Keep us posted on your TDI!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
According to forum rule #2 it is not ok to post for-sale items here of any kind:

"2. ADVERTISING of any kind is strictly prohibited. Posts that advertise a product, service or anything else (yes, even the sale of your Insight) will be subject to deletion. If you are unsure whether your post will be considered advertising, please contact one of the moderators prior to posting."

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Tim Maddux said:
"2. ADVERTISING of any kind is strictly prohibited. Posts that advertise a product, service or anything else (yes, even the sale of your Insight) will be subject to deletion."
Can we start a petition to change that rule? I would love to see a "for sale" section. As long as it is limited to things Insight that the poster is selling personally. Insights and their parts are pretty rare. It's very hard to connect buyers and sellers of items that only a handfull of people in the world have an interest in. This would be the ideal forum for them to do that!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Armin said:
Can we start a petition to change that rule? I would love to see a "for sale" section.
I don't see why you couldn't start such a petition.

Other moderators may of course disagree with me :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I've ran this by Benjamin before, he said he would have liked to but unfortunately it sort of puts some liability on him if a deal ends up going bad. I would personally like to be able to see a buy and sell section as other forums have, but unfortunatel it probably won't happen. Can't say I blame you Benjamin.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
We considered this at great length several times a while back but I will be taking this under advisement again with the Mods. I or one of the other Mods will keep you updated.

Edit: John -- the same thing occured to me and I hadn't even read your post. ;) We usually haven't been too strict about links to eBay but perhaps we can make this an official exception to our NO ADVERTISING rule.

Stay tuned for an update on this issue very soon...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.