Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a sub soon, it seems everyone is swearing by these for the insight. Anyone know if there are any leftovers or maybe the possibility of getting several orders together to get another batch?

Thanks,
-BT

·
Registered
41 Posts
SUBWOOFER

I built my own. I did use photo's from Wayland's web page and one other as a guide. I felt that you do not need to have this thing built beautifully since it will forever be concealed (that is, if you have only crude tools to work with and little or no woodworking experience). I built based on the original verson. Wayland has since improved upon the original and I believe the amp requirements are higher along with higher costs.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
The improved one was called the "super shoebox subwoofer" and I haven't seen him offer a new run of those since he stopped making them. He did do another run of 10 shoebox subwoofers since he stopped in 2003, and I jumped at the chance to get mine.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here's another option, one that I "installed" recently. It fits well in the same space, and I just mounted it on a board that I cut to fit since the floor is uneved there. Otherwise I would have just velcro'ed it down. It has its own amp, no other components necessary, and it sounds fine to me but I'm no audiophile but I do like music in my car. Mostly Elvis...:wink:

Kenwood sub

G

·
0 Posts
Re: SUBWOOFER

miecz said:
I built my own. I did use photo's from Wayland's web page and one other as a guide. ... I built based on the original verson.
I did the same thing. One of these days I plan on creating an improved design and releasing plans for building it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts