Honda Insight Forum banner

Is it worth it?

2503 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  trs
Hello to all. Newbie here. I'm considering purchasing a used Honda Insight. But I have a few questions and after reading a few posts here, I have some new concerns as well (battery life, reliability, etc...)

Question #1. I drive 78 miles to work (one way) for a grand whopping total of 156 miles each day. The roads I travel are 65MPH and 75MPH. Is this little Insight's engine capable of sustaining this speed for and hour and a half? I don't want to be running the engine at it's MAX.

Question #2. I am currently looking at a 2001 Insight. I've seen a few posts regarding recalls. Are the 2001's full of 'bugs'? (i.e. new technology...guinnea pigs of hybrid cars...etc..)

Thanks in advance,
Dayved
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
"Where do people get this? Every car on the road today (at least in the U.S.), more than capable to sustain highway speeds. Yes a 3 cylinder 9or 4 cylinder) engine has to work harder than an 8 cylinder engine. But they are designed to handle it."

Actually, an Insight has far LESS work to do to sustain high speeds.
Being that it has the lowest drag coefficient of any production car, and that it has a small surface area... the 3cyl Insight doesn't have to work nearly as hard to maintain 90mph as say... any SUV (4, 6, or 8, or 10 cylinders all)

Also, when i first got my Insight I drove all the way from Penn. to Tennessee at 90mph+ most of the way. Through the Shannendoha (sp?) mountains even. And still got 50mpg.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.