Honda Insight Forum banner

Is it worth it?

2510 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  trs
Hello to all. Newbie here. I'm considering purchasing a used Honda Insight. But I have a few questions and after reading a few posts here, I have some new concerns as well (battery life, reliability, etc...)

Question #1. I drive 78 miles to work (one way) for a grand whopping total of 156 miles each day. The roads I travel are 65MPH and 75MPH. Is this little Insight's engine capable of sustaining this speed for and hour and a half? I don't want to be running the engine at it's MAX.

Question #2. I am currently looking at a 2001 Insight. I've seen a few posts regarding recalls. Are the 2001's full of 'bugs'? (i.e. new technology...guinnea pigs of hybrid cars...etc..)

Thanks in advance,
Dayved
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
A shorter version of what the last guy said:

1) Power: Don't worry about power. The Insight is no sports car, but you can easily maintains speeds between 80 and 90 if you want to. The CVT Insight is particularly easy to get up to speed, because it uses whatever gear ratio it needs.

2) MPG: If you drive a CVT Insight at 75 MPH you'll likely get 52 - 56 MPG. If you turn on the AC, then you might lose 3 - 4 MPG, depending on how hot it is. My all time high for a round trip commute is 61 MPG. My all time low is 48 MPG. My average is 54 MPG.

I commute round trip 50 miles per day, and I'll never be able to go back to an ordinary car. With my puny 10 gallon gas tank I can drive for 2 weeks!

Go for it!!! I think you'll like it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.