Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2000 MT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Willie. The weird thing is the shift light did work from time to time but not every time. But not once in 600 miles of driving this week did I get any assist or charge on deceleration. Now if I had cruise control a clutch switch is the first thing that comes to mind when it stops working but never thought of it for the IMA. First hybrid I've ever owned. Neat little car.

·
Registered
2000 MT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Eq1. Yes IMA code. The guy I bought it from said it had the battery pack replaced in Feb but didn't show any proof. Looking at the paperwork in the glove box, he's only owned the car for a few weeks (middleman) so I took what he said with a grain of salt. I'll pull the cover off at some point and see if I can tell OEM or aftermarket. Also, I may reach out to the last real owner and ask them if any interesting history on the car. I've enjoyed the car this week getting 60+ mpg without any assist. Big smile on my face on the way to work today with everything working as it should. Hopefully that continues.

·
Administrator
11,739 Posts
Peter, if you're still around, what would happen if a PTC strip had an intermittent short, say due to some corrosion from a leaky cell, or maybe just the corrosion? Could that trigger a 'false' 1449-73 code - I don't l know, maybe the strip resistance goes up due to the corrosion or something? OP tries to charge his pack in pretty hot weather, a stick or more expands, etc. etc...
A leaky cell and electrolyte corrosion impacting the PTC would almost certainly give a pack short code P1444
Lots of examples of those on IC and then toasted BCM's.

I suppose a PTC strip could break/fatigue/fail in some way and increase resistance just enough to simulate a PTC temperature code. Maybe just a lose ptc strip screw who knows. Cell expansion could be a cause but I think unlikely.

PTC Resistance above or below a certain point will trigger a fault in the ptc system code, rather than an actual over temperature cell code.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts