Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Here's the guy you want to contact for MPG evaluation drive.

The winners were:
Modified Manual Transmission 130.1MPG catawalks(Joel P)

He is located somewhere in the lower Hudson Valley.

Try sending a conversation to him.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Here is an image of the MPG tips sent to me by RightLaneCruiser, so many year ago:)

(You need a copy of Adobe PDF Reader to rotate it and resize it. You you can't make it work, then I can make it into a jpeg file.)

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the MPG tips! I'm doing a lot of that already, but the really specific stuff will help!

I used to live in the lower Hudson Valley in the 80s, but I'm living about 300 miles away now.

Manual control of assist is tempting if I keep the IMA battery. It's working fine now, but it's old and I "fixed" it by throwing another old stick in it. I could rip out the whole IMA system and gain a lot of cargo space. Especially since I have the system uncovered now. Besides the HV danger, I can't use that area for anything.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,581 Posts
Get a sheet of plexiglass or coroplas to cover the IMA section and you can haul anything you want without danger..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had a cargo mat over the IMA, but it went back into the car it belonged in. I thought about a Plexiglass cover and LED lights if I was going to keep the IMA. I like seeing it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts