Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Four crappy speakers instead of two.

And a CD player in the dash instead of the cassette.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
05 = New Car Smell

01 = Whatever the previous owner smelled like

Can we get a confirmation from a 05 owner on the red FCD display? I've never heard it for certain. The one I saw I think was green just like mine.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
As I suspected, they didn't change it. At one point they listed they were changing the bar graph part to red (still not sure why). It's probably better off this way so there are only two different gauge clusters (CVT and 5 speed) rather than 4 thus driving the price of each up higher.

·
Registered
89 Posts
NOX sensor

I've read that the '01, like the '00, doesn't have a sensor at the NOX converter, to the ECU, as do the newer Insights.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That's true too. 00 and 01 have a 8 wire sensor pre cat and a 4 wire post cat. 02 and later have a 4 wire pre cat, a 4 wire post cat and another 4 wire post NOX (this is from memory, don't hold me to it). I was told this was a 02 and later emissions requirment so if that's true you should find it on any 02 and newer car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nox

Having a near zero intelligence when it comes to stuff like Nox sensors, would there be any difference in any performance issues then between the 00/01 and the newer ones? Mpg? Or is it a tad more/less polluting?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Maybe a tab less polluting. I think the idea behind the post second cat sensor is to tell if that converter is going bad.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought someone posted here that with the 3rd O2 sensor that NOX purges are less frequent and shorter. That could be very nice to some people.

BTW. for details check the Electrical Troubleshooting manual. It has different O2 sensor schematics for the different versions. My 00-02 version shows this...

All models have a 4-wire secondary O2 Sensor.
Code:
'00 and Early production '01         8-wire (wide-band) Primary 02 sensor
Late Production '01                  4-wire Primary 02 sensor
 '02                                 4-wire Primary 02 sensor with 3rd O2 Sensor for MT only
Since my manual does not cover past '02, I can't say anything definate about them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts