Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My MPG readout is consistently 4-5 mpg optimistic compared to my logs (paper and pencil first, now the fuelio app). Seems to be an ECU issue, since i travel for work and use a lot of different stations.

The inconsistency seems to happen the most when there are long stretches of driving on battery alone with a light foot - my guess is a divide by zero approximation when performing the integral.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just turned 10,000 miles on mine and it has been very accurate. I log every fueling and let the app calculate and chart fuel efficiency. My vehicle lifetime calculation has averaged 52.5 mpg. Of course, I have the original Ecopia tires on the vehicle. I've been rather surprised at the mileage I've been getting. I was expecting notably lower based upon what others have indicated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
60 mpg (US) is attainable with our 2nd Gen Insights, but only under certain driving conditions, like low traffic rural roads where speed limits range mostly from 35 to 50 mph under reasonable temperatures between 55 and 80 degrees, preferably with low humidity levels.
I regularly get just shy of 60 (usually about 58) on open highway doing 70-75. Temperatures have been 60-80 and our humidity is quite high. Calculated mileage matches what the car is displaying for me.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just did a fill up the other day during rush hour. Range was down to 17 miles, so I had to pull in to gas up. MID indicated 56 mpg, calculated... gallons into miles turned out to be 53.588 mpg. So aprox 2.42 mpg on the optimistic side this time. One of the largest differences I've seen, but I was not able to fill at the same pump, so I may have gotten a tad more gas into the tank that time.

The last 100+ miles so far on this new tank of gas have been pretty good. The MID is indicating 59 to 62 mpg. Weather has been really mild so far for Summer and generally low humidity, so haven't had to use A/C much. Plus, the AutoStop has been functioning every time in traffic. I'm still getting better MPGs than we get on the Prius during Summer, but my wife tends to use A/C at lower outside air temperatures than I do.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts