Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I was driving to work today, I got to thinking how much easier it would be if I could force the ECU into open loop when I'm under boost, as it would ignore the O2 sensor and I could just tune for boost zones. Then I remembered the ECU I'm using has the ability to output a 0-5(12?)v signal at a certain boost value. So, is this possible without triggering a CEL? I know some of you on these forums understand the way this stuff works a lot better than I do. I was thinking of maybe tricking the ECU into thinking the TPS is at 100, which is doable, however that would probably make part throttle boost awful as the ECU would be applying fuel/timing tables that are only supposed to be used at WOT, at part throttle. But other than that I really don't know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Id highly advise against messing with the TPS as it has direct influence over fuel injection. Open loop happens naturally at WOT and your computer will know this through TPS voltages. Closed loop is cruising and light load after the o2's and cat have warmed up. So on a cold start youll be in open loop for a few minutes. The car constantly switches between open and closed. I dont know what engine management system youre using, but if its factory then at WOT already open loop.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id highly advise against messing with the TPS as it has direct influence over fuel injection. Open loop happens naturally at WOT and your computer will know this through TPS voltages. Closed loop is cruising and light load after the o2's and cat have warmed up. So on a cold start youll be in open loop for a few minutes. The car constantly switches between open and closed. I dont know what engine management system youre using, but if its factory then at WOT already open loop.
Well yes... But under boost I don't sit in WOT all the time. I want to force open loop when in boost so I'm not fighting fuel tables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts