Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my 2001 CVT Insight this weekend. Though I looked it over carefully before purchase, I keep finding stuff I'd not seen before:

1. Flashing strobe inside the reverse light lense (on both sides) that activates when a turn signal is used. Each side under the carpet has its own controller.

2. Tiny blue lights inside the headlight assembly that come on when the key is inserted and doesn't turn off until the key is removed. This looks totally kewl at night when parked - I just can't drive it with just the parking lights on - very illegal.

3. Though the aftermarket Pyramid system appears to be installed just prior to it being sold, I found a 400 watt Lagacy Amp in the hidden additional space next to the rear space - all hooked up with no speakers attached.

4. Unknown item - just where the license plate light is, there is a small item bolted above the plate that appears to be a reverse sensor indicator (radar) but I can't find where it's wired to yet...still looking.

5. Unknown item - 2 tiny lights install inside the back vents...still looking.

Even with these items, the car runs smooth and the battery is 5,000 miles new. It just appears an electrical engineer with a lot of time on his hands had this car prior to me!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
That's hillarious! Sounds like something from Strange but True. Keep looking and you may firnd the odd Easter egg. :roll:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
From your logo, your car is silver, right? There was a guy in Florida with a Blue CVT and he was interested in the sort of things you are describing (plus a flux capacitor ?). His ID was Arsenic1250 and he is still on the member list, but I think he sold his car. If your's is silver, then I guess it is different car.

Enjoy the car.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts