Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a chevy dealership to agree to $10,000 out the door for a 2001 insight CVT w/ 53k miles.

The window price for the car is $14,500 + Taxes

the 10k includes taxes.

Also, what should I look for during a road test as far as road feel, steering feel, transmission, etc.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good buy?

That price sounds a bit high, but the odometer is reasonable, that's for sure. There aren't any used Insights in the classifieds anymore - now that they've jacked up the gas prices so much, folks must be keeping 'em..
If a quality, experienced mechanic & body shop check it out & can give you assurance that it's a good machine, I'd say snatch it up while you can. Then enjoy whizzing by gas stations & forgetting about worries for the fuel costs! Happy Travels.
Berk, used 2000 ~ 58 mpg in mtns.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You too huh.... I was in it too at $6,900.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Rick,
I had thought about asking if you knew anything about the car since I know you visit some of the auctions. I never could reach the POC and he did not respond to email so I stopped at around 7000 figuring if something was wrong it could still be repaired and come in at a decent price. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
No I wish I would have saw it earlier. I didn't see it until there was only a few minutes left, but it does look really clean. I figured if I did buy it was going to be a little bit of a risk, but all well. Neither of us won it, someone wanted that car bad. It brought a little over book.

From my auction watch, that car had not come up so it was likely a trade in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts