Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you've guessed the Insight I've had on order arrived and I took delivery last night.

Ed at Vista Honda in Oxnard, CA made it happen after five other dealers brushed me off saying they couldn't order a car. I wanted a manual and only Ed was willing to make the effort. It wasn't supposed to arrive until next month, wow, it was even early. As is typical for me with car sales staff I usually know lots more about the cars then they do but, Ed did his job like a pro and didn't make an idiot of himself telling me all about a car he was not intimately familiar with. One salesman at a different dealership told me Honda didn't make the car anymore and another told my I wouldn't want one because I'd have to plug it in and charge the battery. Jeez, I'd be embarassed to say junk like that.

The battery was quite low and of course the engine is not completely broken in yet. Then there is my being at the bottom of the learning curve as an Insight driver. I must say that this forum and this site in general have been a huge help with the learning curve thing though. Anyway this mornings commute saw me get 69.something mpg. The trip home has in my other auto usually been about 15% better in the mpg because of an elevation loss going that way. I can't wait to see if it's the same in the Honda.

Just had to share. Thanks for all the great insights........ sorry, could't stop my fingers in time.

AJ

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I bought my Insight at Vista a couple years ago. Had a pretty good experience with the dealer service dept. there. They did a good job, knew about the car, and thanks to me if you go there for service they shouldn't be underinflating your tires anymore.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhhh, actually all four tires were at about 30psi...... I fixed that as soon as I got home. See, I told you all I was learning stuff here.

Ed, by the way, called with the answer to a question I had last night that he could not answer. Follow up is important to good customer service too, so far so good.

AJ

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
slideways said:
Uhhh, actually all four tires were at about 30psi......
Dang. Well, maybe the lesson didn't stick; I moved away over a year ago. Incidentally I grew up in the area and hope to some day make it back there again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim,
You're in Falmouth MA! I grew up in Falmouth ME but California's the place for me now. Work down the road in Agoura (think Thousand Oaks) and live in Oxnard, hence the motivation for an auto like the Insight. Yeh, like I needed a major excuse for a new car, it is SoCal after all.

AJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts