Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha, i bet from the subject of this thread it seemed like something bad had happened to my insight. nothing happened to it. but i was merging onto the interstate today and i saw an insight ahead of me by about 3 cars, so i sped up to pass the other cars to get behind them. so i was behind an insight today for the first time in 5 months. more people need an insight so i can say to myself 'thats why my turn signal looks like?' and so forth...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know what you mean! I still haven't seen another Insight on the road. The only other Insight I've ever seen was one that was in front of me on a long road trip last summer.. some place between Tenn. & Kentucky. Although I was behind a hybrid Civic a month ago.

G

·
0 Posts
amplifiedmouse said:
haha, i bet from the subject of this thread it seemed like something bad had happened to my insight. nothing happened to it. but i was merging onto the interstate today and i saw an insight ahead of me by about 3 cars, so i sped up to pass the other cars to get behind them. so i was behind an insight today for the first time in 5 months. more people need an insight so i can say to myself 'thats why my turn signal looks like?' and so forth...
It is very interesting to see other Insights on the road, not just because of the rarity. When I see one I can't help but think "Oh yeah, I almost forgot how strange I look compared to most cars". My usual perspective is of course from the interior, which isn't at all unusual. And I'm quite used to seeing my own or other Insights parked - the unusual body design is no longer striking. but seeing one gliding down the road effortlessly, as if hovering a couple inches above the pavement, is eye-catching.

And it is nice that these rare meetings on the road often include a smile, a wave, and a toot of the horn. Gives me a warm fuzzy. :D

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,067 Posts
I just passed a blue insight yesterday, which was exiting of of 465 to I-65 North on the south side.
Was that you el_vacho? I honked, but don't think the person saw me. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___It’s funny that you guys should bring this up ... I have only seen an Insight (actually seen it on the road in real life) once about 3 months ago just north of Chicago heading Northbound where I94 and I294 come together. It was Blue and made me kind of curious so here I am ;)

___With that, I would have to guess Chicago is not a hot bed for the Insight. I drive with literally tens of thousands of automobiles on a daily basis and it’s a bit odd that I only remember seeing one? Oh well, it just makes them that much more unique ...

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3jbi1tvp][email protected][/email:3jbi1tvp]

G

·
0 Posts
Atheos said:
I just passed a blue insight yesterday, which was exiting of of 465 to I-65 North on the south side.
Nope, that wasn't me. I know of 2 other blue Insights in Indy, and I'm sure there are more than that.

Right now you'll definitely know its me if you see me - my left side wheel cover (properly known as a spat) is missing :( . I have one on order ($216.07 plus $14.10 for EACH fastener) so I'll be whole again in a week or so.

If you take the "spats" off, make sure you get those fasteners on securely. It's a $245 mistake if you don't :!: .

G

·
0 Posts
...and I always toot the horn and/or wave when I see other Insights. If I see them in time.

G

·
0 Posts
Never seen another another Insight & I mean EVER.

Not sure how many UK cars there are, maybe you guys can know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Atheos said:

i've passed you a few times, atheos. i knew it was you cause you had the apple sticker on the top of the back window.

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,067 Posts
ya, that's me all right.

I think I've seen your car on 82nd street a couple of times going westbound.
There is also a red one I see on 82nd street, when I'm heading to work there
in the evenings.
It's a red insight going east, usually about 5 minutes after 5, and a red one
passes me on 465 northbound at near the same time.

It's funny how synchronized our schedules can become.

G

·
0 Posts
amplifiedmouse said:
i see a red one when i'm in broadripple sometimes.
If you see a Citrus one in the Broad Ripple area, that's probably my girlfriend. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___Just after I say I have never seen but 1 in my years of hwy travel, a Silver Insight blows by me on I94 just North of the I94/294 split at ~ 09:30 PM tonight. It was traveling in excess of 80 mph. It had Illinois Plates labeled 46. That's it, just 46 with a bicycle and carriage type insignia??? I caught up to take a look but the draft I received off of him/her wasn't good enough for mileage concerns so I let it go after a mile or two :D

___Anyway, there are a few in the Chicago land area fortunately.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1fk50c7w][email protected][/email:1fk50c7w]

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
"If you take the "spats" off, make sure you get those fasteners on securely. It's a $245 mistake if you don't..."

Also note that (as I discovered this weekend) if you drive long distances on washboarded dirt roads, the fasterners apparently vibrate enough to loosen and eventually fall off. Luckily I noticed, and so saved myself from spending the $245. I think I'll forgo the stock fasteners, though, and use bolts with cotter pins this time :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Saw my first Insight this weekend. Coming back from WV in Maryland when a silver Insight goes by me. I was going 80 and when I caught up to him he was going almost 90. He waved and the took off weaving in and out of traffic, just having fun. I was trying to get decent mileage on the trip (59 with a cvt) so I let him go. I wonder what his lifetime is?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My first sighting was 5am on surface streets in Oxnard CA. I was sitting at a light, no other cars around and you know what pulled up next to me. It was even the same color. We gave each other thumbs up and had a laugh. It's been a couple of months now and I have not had another sighting.

Be well, AJ

G

·
0 Posts
Wow. I see a couple every day on the freeway and another engineer at work has one. And I saw a rental one once. Must be a little more popular in northern California. But they rarely acknowledge me - I just look like a goof waving while they ignore me.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Just for the rare chance these people are on this board.. there are two Insight's I've seen on several occasions. Ones grey with plast "57 MPG" the others blue with the plate "KILO WAT"... you Glendale residents out there anywhere by chance?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had a crush on Insights for three years. Before I bought mine, I was in my Accord when a new college chick pulled up next to me in her silver one. I was staring at her and joking to my friend that "I need to tell her to get the h*ll out of MY car..." when she turned her head to look at me. :oops:

Then, the very next day after I bought mine, I was right behind another red one in a turn lane!

The latest sighting was a few weeks ago. I was driving down a usually busy street early one morning when there was no traffic. I was the only one on the road, and all the sudden another red Insight (from a different county) pulls out in front of me from a strip mall! I busted out laughing, sped up to it, honked and waved, and finally caught the guy's attention. He was only mildly impressed, but at least we got to drive down the road together for a while. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I first got my insight a couple of weeks ago that within a couple of days I saw another one, in the same little town I live in, in southeastern Arizona. A silver one. But the guy was stopped at a light, the only light, and looking at traffice the other way............ Can you believe it? :shock:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts