Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked several websights and it looks like 15" factory MINI wheels are almost a direct fit for Gen2 Insights. (hub bore 56.1 like the Honda / 4 x 100 and a 45 offset). The facory wheel size for a base MINI is the same as the Insight as well.

This may be an option for me. Has anyone used MINI factory wheels for their Insight setup?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
What are the odds the wheels for a bmw are cheaper and easier to get than a set from a Fit? Interesting to know. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
On HondaHybridClub.nl user pquist posted a nice pic of his car with a set of Mini One wheels and hubcaps. He managed to double the value of the set by replacing the Mini One logo with a Honda badge :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mini wheels.jpg I am looking at the MINI alloy wheels that remind me of Panasports The pictured Insight(above) has the MINI hubcaps that were offered in Europe.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The white insight is om steel mini rims for winter tyres. It was not about looks; just proof they do fit.
But who knows? The Mini One is a popular lease car over here and many drivers change the wheels, but will have to lose them when their lease contract expires. They might come cheap.

That it fits is no coincidence imho. Honda tought Triumph how to make proper cars (the Acclaim was practically a Honda built in Britain) and when BMW bought the works they just kept using what was available. Well maybe. ;)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
The white insight is om steel mini rims for winter tyres. It was not about looks; just proof they do fit.
But who knows? The Mini One is a popular lease car over here and many drivers change the wheels, but will have to lose them when their lease contract expires. They might come cheap.

That it fits is no coincidence imho. Honda tought Triumph how to make proper cars (the Acclaim was practically a Honda built in Britain) and when BMW bought the works they just kept using what was available. Well maybe. ;)
One consideration is that the MINI rims are not MINI in weight. They go about 25-28 lbs. each if memory serves. I used to own a 2nd gen Mini and found that OEM rims were pretty hefty when I was shopping the aftermarket rim market.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Stop the press - no 2006+ Mini One rims! (but...)

A whole list of rim compatible car types can be found here.
Also the Mini One from 2006 onwards has an offset of 50, so they're off. Before 2006 the offset was 45.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Some sites list the offset for the Insight as 48 mm, not 45.
If true, then Mini 2006+ rims with 50 mm offset can be used after all; the difference is not that big anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts