Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 with 59,000 has warranty(not sure what kind of warranty)11,999 fully detailed from dealor.
2002 with 63,000 no warranty mentioned,11,700 dealor says new front brakes and mint interior.
2003 with 68,000 no warranty mentioned,11,500 private seller.(says it is in mint condition)
All of the above have original battery pack!
All of these vehicles are between 150 to 200 miles away from me.I would have a proffesional inspector look at the vehicle .
It is hard to make the final pick though.Any advise would be helpful
sincerely;David

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You haven't given the most important information - colour. Silver looks space age, citrus is the cutest, red Insight's are fastest and if you like blue nothing else will do. (PS - take the 2003 model)

·
Registered
80 Posts
thumbs up for the 03 as well
ive been looking for one with the same specs
for the last month

just curious where are located and how are you
finding your sources

thx

·
Registered
702 Posts
ghillie said:
Silver looks space age, citrus is the cutest, red Insight's are fastest and if you like blue nothing else will do.
:lol: :lol:

id say go w/ the 03

·
Registered
741 Posts
kenpo154 said:
2002 with 59,000 has warranty(not sure what kind of warranty)11,999 fully detailed from dealor.

Well I'm going to be contrary & say go with the Warrantied car. If the car was abused, you'll have a dealer to back-you-up with repairs.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
They may all have the IMA warranty still if none of them are salvage title etc...You may have to find out if the first vehicle has the optional extended warranty (not the one that applies to the IMA system). If all cars end up having the same type of warranty, I would go for the 03 model because the battery management firware (software) was changed in all 03 models and upward. Plus the batteries are perhaps a bit newer.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ahhh good point about the battery management!

I sometimes forget my insight has a battery because I (almost) never use it. When I junk my car at 300,000 miles my batteries will still be like new. Maybe I'll sell them.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Kenpo154; to me the most important info is which transmission do they have??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts