Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heating heating heating heating heating heating heating heating heating heating eating eating heating heating heating heating heating heating heating heating my gas in my car and I am getting spectacular mileage results. Could not be happier. I'm trying to keep down low on it and not tell anybody what I'm doing until I do lots more testing. But it's really doing good and I mean 150 miles to the gallon or better. Without coasting or hyper miling.would send pictures but I do not have that function. I hope my ex girlfriend no it's hell a mad I still lam would send pictures but I do not have that function. I hope my ex girlfriend Knows how mad I still am .but I may cool off a little with all of this hot vapor gas.i'm telling you it's explosive news i'm having a bang of a time!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Probably a Coincidence

I'm sure it was a coincidence, but today I saw a Low-rider
Insight with a tremendous amount of sparks trailing behind.
It appeared to have its aerodynamics at maximum yield.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not yet begun to spark. Damn the Torpedoes four bells Captain Drayton, go ahead. My car is on fire. With mileage that is. Period I love the smell of aluminum in the morning could you turn the heat up a little more on that gas.🤓

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would also like to say hello to Misty at Harbor freight in Dyersburg Tennessee she help me get the stuff to make my car do what it's doing now. Thank you thank you very much!

·
Linsight Designer
1,774 Posts
heating eating eating
Eating gas prior making a post is not wise.

Looking forward to hearing about this modification. I can only guess you're heating the fuel line at the rail. If so, my first thought is that the fuel injectors wouldn't be able to handle boiling fuel, but I'll wait to see precisely what you've modified to officially comment.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eating gas prior making a post is not wise.

Looking forward to hearing about this modification. I can only guess you're heating the fuel line at the rail. If so, my first thought is that the fuel injectors wouldn't be able to handle boiling fuel, but I'll wait to see precisely what you've modified to officially comment.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20 feet of copper tubing wraparound Catalytic converter for the heat . Go straight to fuel rail. Hook back up. But it's not that simple . If that's all you do there will be no results. Gas must travel through vacuum gas regulator but do not go back to your fuel tank. The gas circulating will never get hot .plum back into fuel line that supplies gas to the motor. That way The hot gas only goes one way to the injectors . Still not done yet .wrap copper tubing with aluminum foil to hold in heat. Also have hot air intake pulling hot air from the same location . That's what I've got now. Here's what I'm going to do. I don't know if the hot gas makes any difference. Making the gas line one way could be the mileage gain . Later today I'm going to remove OEM pressure regulator plug it up . Get my paint shop adjustable pressure regulator and start reducing pressure. Less pressure less gas going to the injectors .also intend to make """cold"""gasoline return to plastic gasoline tank cold gas circulation only. That means 20 feet copper tubing . Two in line T's and one paint shop adjustable pressure regulator with a air gauge on it i've had a lot of luck in the past with pressure air gauges . I'm getting 15 to 20 miles per gallon increase with my set up. Don't knows– – does the heat help? Is one way gas flow at full electric gas pump pressure "57pounds "responsible . combination of both. Or another case of unexplained telekinesis . I love the smell of aluminum in the morning! Anyway the O2 sensor ECU program heat sensor manifold pressure sensors TPS position there still in play on the mileage. You can't regulate a gas jug with three holes and a bunch of plastic tubing feeding the motor vapor. The longer I drive the car the hotter the gas gets. Unrelated unrelated I've also had great results with vacuum PCV pressure with a fruit jar 1/3 full of gas have not tried both together.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to mention on the vacuum line I have a fruit jar half full of water. Why ? Our cars have so much gas sprayed in the liquid is used to cool inside the motor. I am using water vapor to take its place . Water vapor also reduces knock - increases Octane - and steam cleans inside the motor. Don't know if it helps it's precautionary .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to mention on the vacuum line I have a fruit jar half full of water. Why ? Our cars have so much gas sprayed in the liquid is used to cool inside the motor. I am using water vapor to take its place . Water vapor also reduces knock - increases Octane - and steam cleans inside the motor. Don't know if it helps it's precautionary .
Just drove home from work. 42 miles an hour up to 50. Was at150 mpg went up a steep hill drop down to 141.9 went over hill downhill 145 mpg drove a mile and a half long flat Street 147.9 went back up hill 144 MPG back downhill close to 148? .Half mile from the turn off turn off power coast to the exit. Was charging the car the whole time which cost 5 to 10 miles per gallon charging electric. But that is good to see the car fluctuates It's mpg and see if gain mileage on a long stretch. With the electricity off yesterday it stayed over 150 the whole time.The car has never performed this well I think the hot gas is making it do this well .going to try and monkey around with the pressure regulator but I'm going to tell you it's hard to improve on perfect hats off to the Honda engineers.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got done monkey around with the car. It's got 20 feet copper tubing that gets very hot. Here's my last improvement or latest. Took The 47 pound gas regulator off the car fuel rail.got a round piece of rubber with a nipple in the center from the parts store placed on fuel rail put a quarter on top of that. Put gas regulator back on. It's out of play now" gas regulator ""My new paint gun regulator fell apart cannot handle alcohol and gas I guess. Took a valve stem cap cover like on the car tires made of metal. I've had a lot of luck with air pressure you know.drilled a very small hole in it. My smallest drill bit by the way. Shoved it in the gas line to restrict gas . It's very close to the perfect size will try smaller drillbit when I'm at the store again. My hypothesis. The car gets full pressure when the key is turned on from the gas pump .that means fuel line has 57 pounds pressure when you start the car. 20 feet of copper tubing is a pretty good reservoir. May not work for everyone .but it's working great for me. When you get up to 50 miles an hour the car is using more gas than the little hole in the valve stem cover When you get up to 50 miles an hour the car is using more gas than the little hole in the valve stem cover Can supply. Pressure goes down down in Copper tubing I guess the copper is so hot the gas Flash vaporIses and the car goes lean. A few times after the car has depleted the fuel in the copper line I get 150 miles to the gallon going uphill. But when I turn the motor off an Coast for half mile before my exit before my exit when the key is turn back on when the key is turned back on copper tubing goes back full pressure . So the mileage goes back down briefly going up the next hill until fuel level drops and copper tubing an flash vapor starts back .anyway I'm getting 150 miles to the gallon pretty easy. It's possible I have the perfect orifice now ,but I'm going to try and beat it tomorrow. As strange as this sounds but I'm going to try and be tomorrow. As strange as this sounds if the pressure level is low on the copper tubing and hot like 5 miles down the road from my house and the gasoline turns to vapor I get better mileage going up hill .than if the pressure is normal .this is just my theory but I'm getting a lot better mileage. Hope it makes sense.. I love the smell of aluminum in the morning! this is just my theory but I'm getting a lot better mileage. Hope it makes sense.. I love the smell of aluminum in the morning !

·
Linsight Designer
1,774 Posts
I'm skeptical, but am taking the "trust, but verify" approach on this one. What you're claiming would be a gargantuan development. Flesh your system out and then get that protoype on a dyno to gather comparative data. I'll pay for the testing if you can convince me - via a minimum viable product - that this technology has merit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Weather's also warmer, and your insane tire pressures were getting close to those numbers already. The higher your mpg, the more it will be affected by warmer weather. Be on guard for placebo effects. :) (y)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Temps were down 25 degrees today. Have not checked pressure in a while.
I physically saw the car Monday before the orifice was added. The weather was
warmer, but raining. His mileage was 130 on a 10 mile run. ( ending at The Dairy Queen ) I saw the whole set up, including the copper tubing wrapped around the catalytic converter. In addition,
there is a glass jar with water on the vacuum line. There is no return of fuel to the gas tank.
These are known as of Monday. He does need a girlfriend.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Girlfriend need really I yes! –Just went on a late night test run. Last two previous nights with lights on and charging battery got 118 miles per gallon on both previous nights tonight I got 150 mpg 5 mile test run with lights on. I was at 147 mile per gallon half mile before exit turned off car and rolled stayed on 150 mile per gallon rest of the way home on country road . 5 mile test run on highway --50 miles an hour. It's been 150 miles per gallon for two years now but my speed has increased. Two years ago 30 miles an hour tonight 50 miles an hour. In the daytime gets a little better. Oh yes temperature was 66° tonight previous two nights 76° . Thanks for your input is very welcome much respect for you guys and I can tell you exactly how to fit your car if you like. But I don't think it will work well in the mountains. You'll have to have a larger hole in your orifice which will not let the copper tubing be a vacuum tube like it does on my small hills But who knows it may work better in the mountains I would have to be there and try .again when I climbed taller hills tonight on the highway the mileage drop to 145 after crossing the hill went back up and then on the mile and a half long flat place went back up to 147 MPG. it's very easy to climb the hills from 50 mph to 45MPH an stay at 1:50 mpg the whole time. Tonight I stayed the same speed. And yes I really need a girlfriend!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nathan, you absolutely have to come to InsightFest with that car, or I need an excuse to drive over from Virginia this fall. I need to see this car and all it's glory! :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In my opinion the pressure regulator stop the car motor from going into lean burn. Gas cannot evaporate or vaporize under pressure. So when the car is under load the hot gas in the copper line must be expanding into a vapor. The vapor must be more efficient than liquid gasoline .whenever the car is going downhill or on flat the pressure goes back up in the copper tubing protecting the motor from lean burn.so the mileage increase is coming from more efficiently climbing hills. Again three or four nights ago the hot copper tubing had no effect at all if the gas returned to the gas tank. Too much circulation not enough time to get hot . I have never seen in the last four months on YouTube anybody putting a very small orifice in the gas line. Or changing the plumbing of the gas lines . Or moonwalking better than Michael Jackson. Or taking the gas regulator off. 20 feet of copper tubing is $20 at Lowe's. I've got about $30 in this project. And four months of studying YouTube of people trying to use gas vapor . To increase gas mileage. I am very happy with my results better than I was aiming for. But if you remember I took my battery out under the hood a month ago Scott told me how to wire it up in the back. I did not want sparks under the bonnet to mess with my gasoline project. Thank you to everybody who has anything to do with insight central.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just called John Deere place they have a dyno but it checks horsepower only PTO power take off. PTO shaft is needed. If you have a car getting 70 miles to the gallon now it won't get 150 with the gas augmentation. It will just get 15 to 20% increase. I get over 100 mile per gallon anyway 15 -20% more mileage let's me get 150 mpg.anyway I'm claiming 15 to20 percent increase. Last year if I drove to the Dairy Queen stop and go traffic in town my mileage would be 103 MPG it's written on some of my other post. If I go to work and back home 117 mpg Drive to Dairy Queen reduced 103 last year. Three or four days ago drove to Dairy Queen in the rain got 130 mpg stop and go in town. if you read my records from the last two years you'll see the steady progress my car has made.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just called John Deere place they have a dyno but it checks horsepower only PTO power take off. PTO shaft is needed. If you have a car getting 70 miles to the gallon now it won't get 150 with the gas augmentation. It will just get 15 to 20% increase. I get over 100 mile per gallon anyway 15 -20% more mileage let's me get 150 mpg.anyway I'm claiming 15 to20 percent increase. Last year if I drove to the Dairy Queen stop and go traffic in town my mileage would be 103 MPG it's written on some of my other post. If I go to work and back home 117 mpg Drive to Dairy Queen reduced 103 last year. Three or four days ago drove to Dairy Queen in the rain got 130 mpg stop and go in town. if you read my records from the last two years you'll see the steady progress my car has made.
Did not get to drive car to work today had to use a truck. When I got home I got another valve stem cap. I drilled halfway through it with my smallest Drill bit .finish going through with a needle. It's about half the size of the drill bit give or take a few atom layers. I wanted to go so small so that the car would run out of fuel and fail. Car never missed a beat I need a smaller needle. I can't even blow enough air through it now to keep a canary alive. I was really surprised the car can manage with such a small orifice . I actually drove it around the yard for three or four minutes so when it went dead I would be home. But I wound up driving to Alamo to get five dollars of gas. Some important notes. Van Halen drop dead legs was on Led Zeppelin the song remains the same Neil Sedaka you make me feel like dancing course I'm talking about the car. I love the smell of aluminum I really do! I'm real sure I have a low tire because I have not checked in a while and one of the temporary tires on the back leak try and get that remedied tomorrow. I will be looking for another valve stem cap to mutilate. Showed a stranger at the gas station what's underneath my hood he never stop laughing and never believed what I was telling him United States propaganda 40 miles to gallon is great mileage is planted deep in the American psyche !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Results was successful making smaller orifice. If you get too small The car will not run right. Seems to be no benefit going smaller than a needle . Which made me think maybe the gas is getting too hot and building too much pressure in the copper tube. So I fiddled with the orifice went smaller and smaller then went back to yesterday's size.started thinking maybe it's too hot. So I took the aluminum foil off went for a test run lost about 10 miles to the gallon. Could be because maybe it's too hot. So I took the aluminum foil off went for a test run lost about 10 miles to the gallon. Could be because the Hot air intake was denied hot air or the gas got to cold.I can still get one 50 by coasting . I will put the aluminum foil back on in the morning. I tried a lot of stuff today I don't think 200 miles to the gallon is possible. Unless the timeing needs to be changed .or if there's something you do different to a car motor Burning vapor .or close to vapor.lots of questions can you get it too hot. Does it need to be hotter. Does it matter how much gas goes into the Copper tube.should it go in with a orifice or with out . Would the car get better mileage with the orifice and 20 feet of copper tubing but no heating. Is there a pressure in the copper tubing that would be more beneficial? Lots of questions so little time. Trying to find tune and get the most out of it. Maybe 10 feet copper tube would be better or 40 feet just don't know. I'm driving close to 50 miles an hour. I have no idea what the car would get at 30 mph. Anyway it was a good day .

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
15 Participants
NathanC
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing