Honda Insight Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Don’t give up. You have time - and your job does come first. 👌 Maybe some new ideas will come to mind if you just take a short break to reassess the situation.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
2 miles or so before I get to my stopping point . I would like to be able to disable fuel pump . This way the car does not develop so much pressure after Engine kill. Never had time to put pressure gauge on fuel line. Needs to be priority. When the pressure goes up above say 30psi kill the fuel pump .then turn pump off and on to ---keep pressure as close to 30 as possible or maybe even 40 psi. This stuff can be done I am just glued to the tractor seat until December .--------------------------------------------------------------/-------------I just need to know where to put a toggle switch and what wire on the electric fuel pump to regulate . And I think I will have something nice . As Mel Brooks once said "it's good to be king "!!!.I need a King switch to control the fuel pump.🤓 Maybe a windshield wiper regulator would help. 3:31 AM maybe I can go to sleep before work starts .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I am the great and mighty MacGyver Oz . Pay no attention to the trinkets on the green carpet. I shall now wield Control over the fuel pump with the ACME toggle switch . Let it be recorded upon this day the year of our Lord 2019 and the eighth month of such year not the seventh not the ninth but on the eighth . The month of August shall it be recorded that I MacGyver Oz Bring forth The ability to control the pressure of the gasoline injector line. .. hence forth on the 26th day of the eighth month of the 2019 year on a Monday it was done. To "quote HeMan "I am the power". This is very big talk for something that I have not tested yet. If it fails I will know six different ways to get no better gas mileage with my car.! I love the smell of aluminum in the morning !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Kobayashi Maru - I took that test today. As soon as I wired up my new modification – what shall it be called. I think I've got it. It's the not the Cal pod switch switch .I put my not the Cal pod switch switch on today. Had to wait for the gas to get hot and boil. But when it did." Magic " was playing on the radio.---------------------------------------------- I can turn the fuel pump off when the gas pressure gets too high . Turn it back on going uphill when you need more gas .turn it off on the flats. Today on the nicest road surface I know of I went 2 miles with the gas turned off. At 50 miles an hour. But then the test. The car w rd surface I know I went to miles with the gas turned off. At 50 miles an hour. But then the test. The car went dead.on a busy 4 Lane Highway.and nobody slowed up the trucks going by were so loud loud I could not hear if the fuel pump was coming on or not. But luckily I have a spare fuel line. One of my orifi stoped up on the maiden run of the not the Cal pod switch switch . What are the odds. Real good for me I did lose a girlfriend this year . And some other horrible terrible real bad things .--------------but I took the not the cal pod switch switch a part put it back factory car would not start. Tried a lot of stuff put it back factory car would not start. Tried a lot of stuff of stuff The highway was hot and angry today with fast moving traffic. So I put on the new f The highway was hot and angry today with fast moving traffic. So I put on the new fuel line and the car started . Put the car in gear. And it rolled . I gave it some gas and it picked up speed. I thought I thought self you're getting out of here. I passed the Kobayashi Maru test everything that could go wrong did and I drove out of there. --------------------------------------------- I will try and make it to the Dairy Queen tomorrow in Alamo Tennessee to sign autographs. I did not learn another way not to get better gas mileage today. As Rosanne Rosanna Danna would say on Saturday night live back in the 70s "never mind "! I love the smell of aluminum in the morning !!! ------------------ Anyway when I am 1 mile from home with hot bowling gasoline I can turn the fuel pump off. When I get to the house the volume of gas in the fuel lines will be a lot less so the pressure will stop blowing my fuel lines apart. If you look hard enough long enough enough is enough . So I came up with the not the Cal pod switch switch !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
When the car is cold.The fuel pump can be turned off. A few seconds later the car is dead. Drive several miles the gas gets vaporized turn the fuel pump off then .The car will keep going for several miles. When it starts to miss turn the switch back on. Don't know how much gas is still in fuel lines when the gas is turned back on. It's a lot of fun. --------------------------------------------- Even though I have the gas restricted beyond belief The pressure still gets too hugh . It's my belief Gas vapor can be so pressurized you get too much vapor and lose mileage like you do on liquid .------------------------------- It's been a lot of fun since I decided back in early July to look into the gas vapor world. But now I will be busy at work most of the time . I worked yesterday on Sunday but got rained out late had most of today off. Back at it tomorrow. Like custard said where did all them Indians come from.i've got to put a lot of hours on the tractor. Audios amigos !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Fun driving to work ! Took the car to work today . Played a new game .. have the gas reduced so much to the injectors . I can turn the fuel pump off too slow car down for curve turn back on to increase speed .never move the gas pedal.. does not take much to entertain me . That's what my ex-girlfriend used to say .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
The pilot of a jet landed in 1989 with out hydraulics used the throttle only to fly jet and survive the crash . Died of natural causes a few days ago . I used my fuel pump cut off switch the same way in honor of him today .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
What's got 12 wheels it's red green and red and gray.A whole bunch of Honda Insight in Crockett County .A record number of 4 Honda Insight's were seen at the world-famous Dairy Queen in Alamo Tennessee. As of a few hours ago. I was not the best looking or the smartest or the oldest but I do weigh more that should count for something. I eat good . They came they seen and a they (((((((SAW)))))).I showed them my baby. Remember the ugly baby episode of Seinfeld .oh well I enjoy their company. And I received an official Scott T-shirt from California. I'm moving on up. Oh well and nine months and 15 minutes who knows what will happen. Oh yeah I picked up another car a few days back. I am a five timer club member manual transmission Honda Insight enthusiast and I also have a sweet CVT the number six to go with it .also I'm going to get another Sunday. It's going to be tough to shell out $300 for what I think is a beautiful car. That will make seven. And if things go to plan I will get number eight before October 1. Keep my fingers crossed. Going to need a whole Lotta power steering fluid hose. And some copper tubing . I love the smell of aluminum in the morning maybe will see some baby pictures.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Yes that's right . The fourth car does not have wheels. It has space savers. If I were including the car without wheels I would have said - what is red green and red and gray and yellow you almost had me . If anyone ever catches me making a mistake you can have a tour of 1000 acres of cotton thousand acres of soybeans some corn and a kitchen sink full of dishes ready to be washed. All you Gotta do is catch me in a mistake! Bring your own Cotton hoe.🤓

181 - 194 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
15 Participants
NathanC
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing