Honda Insight Forum banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I do it by using half the gas you do. Excited – gas vapor molecules fill the void in the combustion chamber at same pressure as lliquid .but with half volume. Remember e equals m c Squared . I think this is what is happening. Our cars are being flooded with liquid gasoline .if you only hear the car run this prehistoric caveman Dog chases its tail Way we are all used to you don't know what you're missing. It's like can'tread it in a book how good your favorite food taste What a large reaping converse radius thunderous firecracker discharge sounds like like or the first time you feel love for pretty Girl girl girls.And better yet the shock when she loves you back.-- or best friend or brother or cousin or somebody at the gas station or the mailman or guy at the red light --or some football team someplace----------------- Our cars are flooded with liquid gasoline . It's cold and uncaring likes to be a loner and left alone. ----____ but once gas warms up to you it's like friends with benefits . You don't need a turbo or hybrid power Or lightning dancing out of your head with radiance from intellectual brilliance to you get better gas mileage..just go to the kitchen drawer and MacGyvertize.__________________________Our cars are flooded.like a person with allergies or a person who spent all day in the swimming pool and can't draw air through nasal cavity.or a person with asthma-. But to "guote Van Halen Vaporizing the gas "Is just what the doctor ordered ".it's like when asthma patient inhales his medicine! It seems to me vaporized gas has more to offer then I have expressed at this time. It's like getting your hair back it's like losing 40 pounds in the right place like getting $10 an hour raise at work College diploma in three years instead of 4 knocking a homerun clear the alley with bowling ball breaking someone's arm arm wrestling and landing an airplane on your first solo . Or hearing someone say "damn you're good "it's hard for me to express what it's like to vaporize!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
What it's like to drive my car on Vapor .. listening to Eric Clapton the Core if you listen to the music that's what it's like to have vapor .---------------------listen to same song but the only musical instrument is the tambourine. Tamburrino only no guitar no Eric no good looking woman voice no synthesizers .that's what it's like with liquid gas.-------------------------------------so like Ted Nugent you got to put a stranglehold on the gas.and then (((get ready))) another Ted song for a lot better everything

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd love to see the setup in person, and may be try out a mild version of it on my car, if it's possible without risking blowing up the car. ;)

Someday. I start heading back down to Virginia this afternoon.

Just checked my tires that I put at 80 PSI back in January. They're still at 80 PSI 7 months later. Thought about taking them to 90 or 100 PSI but I'm not that brave.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
It's been over a year since I paid much attention on up hill roll test .but I know 90 pounds air pressure is a whole lot better than 80. Past 90 it's hard see much results .I just keep going up for the thrill. I may go back down to 100 in the new future . Sounds like 80 works wonderful for you I'm probably too high .

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Pictures worth 1000 words. Try this out. Eric Clapton (promises).----------------- pretty much tells how I feel about liquid liquid gasoline .

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
It's like the modified gasoline line ( ((((guitar string ))))an the changes on the motor((((guitar)))) Play together to make this new sound (((( vapor )))). So when the car goes from liquid to vapor it's music. It's slides from one note to the next. You have to tune your line I have three locations for that. But the Pistons keep the beat (( drums )) The spark plug hits the cymbals air-conditioner lead singer road noise happy audience driver of the car leader of the band mixolydian going from 1st to 5th gear and back . Yep !the car is a musical instrument. I love the sound of aluminum in the morning !

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
got up -- put on my cleanest dirty shirt .Felt like the deer out of the group that didn't make it across the road in time . And decided to drive the project to my new job .--------------------------------------friend of mine asked me you going to leave that half alcohol still have air-conditioning system half spray paint get up half Dr. Frankenstein lab under the hood. I didn't say nothing . I just looked it up on my YouTube and played this . Roll with the changes by REO Speedwagon .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Post some pictures of your “young Frankenstein” creation! Please! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
No matter what I say do not open the door !-- One minute later it's like the wife wants a divorce. No matter what don't open the door . I've learned to never say that !--------- my car is in the picture on the work site

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Made it back home without incident . Drove 6 miles hilly curvy road.1.1 L .........drove 50 miles an hour for about 5 miles 150 mpg. But 60 mph only get 104. Discussion ................................................................. I wield power over the gas intake . Like King Arthur over Excalibur ... or vice versa ..idea this morning on the way to work. Had The gas cut back so much only showed 100 mpg. I know it's doing better than that. Injectors are staying on longer less gas going through. Car runs fine might as well give it more fuel the car will control the injectors why starve it so much .----------------- next thought what makes it go 150 mpg why not more why not less? At 50 mph. So AnyWho at 60 goes down to 100 wondering if I could give it more fuel would it be higher on the dash. I will find out in the morning. I think it takes eight times more energy to go 60 mph then 30 mph.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Scientific experiment __ what's all this talk talk about magnets and gas mileage ? Neodymium magnet I took a finishing nail wrapped a copper wire A round it back-and-forth like a windshield wiper pulled the nail out .push that inside gas line in front of one of my devices them put a little teeny neodymium magnet behind that. tamped in like an old Betsy single bore black powder long rifle . Don't know don't know and don't know but I get better mileage when I do that. Does it even matter if it's a magnet don't know. the birds nest of wires they responsible without the magnet don't know . Is she ever coming back don't know . She's not . I think any time you can slow gasoline down make it hesitate before going into the injector bank to meet its maker you will increase mileage .I thought about putting in three inch long gas line Filled with 3 inch long copper wires with and without plastic insulation and maybe try a few iron wires. Some are magnetized some para magnetize together in a dance might restrict gas flow in a positive way to enhance mileage. __ If Socrates Plato Archimedes Einstein Rutherford tesla Jackson Browne Don Henley Louis Pasteur Edmonton Oppenheimer Thor had not all said in a general consensus that I have to drive a tractor all the time or the sun will not come up ,I could do some MacGyvertizeing.__ I think about how Harrison in early 1800s took the challenge to make a Clock for the British Navy that would be accurate so better maps could be used to help ships navigate the ocean . The secret was using different metals in the clock that would respond to temperature differently altogether have lower peaks and higher lows to have a more average response to natural conditions. Made the clock run steady to keep perfect time.but I guess that tractorjust got a run. I don't think a magnet would do anything to gasoline. But a strong magnetic field with different metals playing off each other might retard the flow to injectors. In a beneficial way !it's like the guy said who put the finishing block on top of the Washington monument said " I love the smell of aluminum in the morning "__ yep the top of it is aluminum. At the time it was more expensive than gold. That's just something for my ex to think about !

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Gave the car more gasoline . Decreased mileage. Liquid gasoline makes it to the motor you lose miles per gallon. No question about it. 150 mpg on my car is it. That's just what it is. For today anyway. On the dash. Probably get more than that but the dash will not record it .made a big mistake or went the wrong direction on experiment today. Will reverse soon as possible. Keep what works eliminate what does not work. Even though I love the idea not beneficial for mpg !_ I'm trying to get attention on the Jay Leno garage show. I had zero interest zero interest zero interest 00000 interest from Honda World headquarters Toyota world headquarters News channel 3 Memphis. Unbelievable unbelievable unbelievable .you can double the gasoline mileage in the car. And it does not matter zero interest !!!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
! All my life I have been a repaired repaired repaired prepared loser!!!!!!!! My car modification makes me feel Like a winner .🤓

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
if somebody or anybody (everybody can give it a shot to )but I hope nobody doesn't show ,could figure this out . With ecu -car in pretty good shape tires aired up to 100 psi . While in lean burn- 50 mph car gets maybe Close to 90 MPG. I never drove that fast in the past.could be 80 mph.lean burn is close to 20 to 1 ratio and maybe 22 to 1 ratio. what would the afr be at 150 MPG. ?------------------------- I'm going to drive the car today without a bypass see what happens -and then I'm going to swap the bypass with a Nother one that never goes through the purge ---------purge uses a lot of gas.--------------------------------------would not be surprised if my car got better mileage without the O2 sensor or one that was not working at all. I think the fuel trims are pumping as much gasoline as possible with the lean environment in the combustion chamber . The way my car works now --------------------------------------------------when you're at 50 miles an hour on flat level Low gasoline requirement. It turns to vapor. Climbing a Hill it uses much more gas some may not be vaporized which would choke the engine down with liquid. Very close to a purge. .I think it's possible to heat enough gas -/-liquid would never make it to final resolute , only vapor that's what I have now. Or heat much less when climbing a hill liquid makes it to the motor it's like a purge. Much worse mpg due to ECU Long term program.Adam Sandler should have been in Troy as Achilles but he was robbed.you don't mess with the Zohan was his retaliation.it's hard to keep a good man down. That's why i'am into vapor!----------------------------------------------------- Let's just say my car is running at 32 to 1 ratio or maybe even 40. Could the ECU be reprogrammed to match what my car is doing manually mechanically ? My device reminds me of the fellow in Ben Hur with two hammers keeping rhythm for the poor souls rowing the boat.--------ps--- when I was in high school I asked somebody to go with me to the prom , then I asked anybody ,later I asked everybody she was also busy so I thought the worst was going to happen ,but thank goodness nobody was kind enough to show up had a great time. I learned then I can always count on nobody when things get real tough !🤓

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
This just in ---- The better your IMA bypass the Better mileage you get.can't explain it weird . I was on the wrong track oh my thinking .good thing i tried it out keep what works delete what works not..it's too doggone hot and humid to be doing this. When I have a half-day off due to rain. Yes I am back at work the sun will come up tomorrow!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
About a month ago I did this under the hood stuff. And got real good gas mileage on the dash . Three or four times I have ventured out in different directions trying to get better mileage only to hit a brick wall. The way my car is now I'm doing good to get over 100 . Will have to go right back to the original-month-old design .must have been real lucky A month ago. if I had tried The other three or four ways first probably would have missed what I have done successfully. Just trying to be honest.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
My new job - I have to work a lot of hours ! No time for insight . So I just got in it and drove it to work this morning . I'm working with a 6 foot five 300 pounds monster of a man we call him whatever he wants. The other trucks had gone .at 2/45o'clock it happened.A huge flood. It was so bad it scared Moses yes it's scared Moses.and I could hear Noah yelling oh no not again! Grab two of everything an somebody grab me !thankfully I put one windshield wiper on at 12 o'clock.knowing my 2000 Honda Insight is because of the bypass ready for four-wheel-drive mudding I got in the car about two minutes before it hit. But the 6 foot five guy hesitated. He disappeared in the white fog of rain and dogs and cats. and dogs. I was able to see him again when his size 15 boots full of mud smashed into my carpet. -----------------------I was sitting in dirt or what have been dirtearlier now it was mud. in Tennessee rich people build private schools and then build monster homes in used to be Cottonfields . So I could not leave the mud from all of the cars going to get kids they do not ride schoolbuses because they're rich. ------------ OK we're caught up . Vapor gas car that is turned down to low trying to get double mileage. Has no power in a flood with 2 inches of water on the road . A vapor Transformer car does not support air-conditioning system if it is overboard fuel cut off by uneducated dummies like me . When I took the man home I sat in his front yard for 20 minutes waiting for relief . Still raining cats and Saint Bernards. Noah said I told you so . Anyway I made it home at times even in the rain on flat level at 50 miles an hour the car managed 150 mpg sometimes. Due to the extensive dump truck and huge farm semi trucks that weigh close to 100,000 pounds there were usually two gullies of water to plow through. On the highway . -----------just trying to be honest I have my gas cut back way too much. If you need air-conditioning and go uphill power you can drive less efficiently I am completely T totally overboard. I will have to remedy that. We were needing a rain. How about some eight weight oil!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I know a little bit more about how not to vaporize the gasoline in a2000 Honda Insight. Several problems - when the gas gets hot it expands increases pressure .when the pressure goes from 0 to 100 more gas volume goes through the orifice. The injectors stay on less which shows increase mpg on dash board . But probably more gasoline vapor at 100 psi goes through injectors and the mileage may not be very much better or worse even. So when I put the volume way down it does not show up on the dash. But the car still runs fine . That may even be at the same amount as liquid .when I cut it back severely.The car goes on flat just fine but will not climb a hill unless you're in first gear. Don't know what actual mpg is at any level. Car probably does not know how to calculate mileage from vapor It is so different from liquid . When the car is in fifth gear 27 miles an hour showing 150 mpg on dashboard I'm sure the injectors are not on very much. But the pressure is huge so more volume gets in I could imagine. I am back to thinking 40 feet is too long too much heat too much pressure using just too much gas even as a vapor.probably seems like I should have this licked by now. But I have to work a bunch. And I have gone down serval dead ends that cost time and had no pay off .what is my true mileage on the vapor gasoline modification your guess is as good as mine. But I can make the Dashboard say 150. Very close to the end of my experiments . My policy is honesty and I'm getting burned out on the modification . Not knowing any facts of actual mileage is distressing.

161 - 180 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
15 Participants
NathanC
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing