Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Honda Insight. 250k miles, and had never left me stranded may have met it's unfortunate end as a result of a stolen car, hit and run. I'd just put new Vredsteins on it, and had it cleaned. it's been a fantastic car this entire time. I'm pretty sad about this, as this, was the car I really wanted. I'd had it six years, and we'd had so much fun together exploring the Pacific Northwest. Not sure what I'll be doing next yet. Still kind of processing.

·
Super Moderator
7,188 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It is especially sad when a true Insight lover falls on misfortune.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. It’s very easy to get attached to a good insight. I lost my first one to a t bone in a Portland intersection three months ago. I was not hurt but it was a psychic shock. After about a week I started to look for another one which I soon found. It was a good way to recover from the sense of loss. And I’m driving and preserving another one of these great cars again.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've got five cars. I just love the first one though. The other four are back ups in case something happens . There's nine insights in Crockett County now. Five of them were paid for under $1000 apiece. My $600 car is equal in every way to my first car Plus it's a citrus. There's a difference in a Honda insight and a beautiful girlfriend the car will be there in the morning. When you pay for the car it's your car . And it takes a while but you can figure a insight out .An predict its behavior.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would hate to lose my car. Sorry for your loss. I've sent you a PM in case it might be available for parts or repair.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My 2005 Honda Insight. 250k miles, and had never left me stranded may have met it's unfortunate end as a result of a stolen car, hit and run. I'd just put new Vredsteins on it, and had it cleaned. it's been a fantastic car this entire time. I'm pretty sad about this, as this, was the car I really wanted. I'd had it six years, and we'd had so much fun together exploring the Pacific Northwest. Not sure what I'll be doing next yet. Still kind of processing.

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope you find a replacement for your sweetie pie really quickly. I just love mine to pieces, too, so I can sympathize. Good luck with your next one.

PS, for some strange reasons the links for your four photos show up in my preview but not in your post or mine. Ah, the magic of computers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The images aren't working. Sorry. My insurance is being difficult, and attempting to avoiding assisting me in this. Apparently, having your car smashed, while in your own driveway, while you're asleep, may not be covered.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I noticed 20 years ago if you were out in the middle of the desert and need A glass of water the insurance company if they could get out of it they would. That is another reason to drive $1000 Car you don't need insurance .and I also plan to be buried in my car which makes it even more efficient don't need a $10,000 coffin . That doesn't have a motor or transmission Air-conditioning stereo or windshield wipers. You know stuff that's useful! Check out Super lean burn on YouTube .ps my coffin Will have IMA bypass. bye

·
Super Moderator
7,188 Posts
My insurance is being difficult, and attempting to avoiding assisting me in this. Apparently, having your car smashed, while in your own driveway, while you're asleep, may not be covered.
Sorry to go off topic a little, but this is one of the reasons I NEVER pay for collision insurance. The insurance companies have lawyers on staff just looking for ways not to pay. Heck, you would have to hire a lawyer yourself just to understand your policy and the regular stream of riders in the mail:(

The insurance companies have us over the barrel on collision insurance. Seldom is the potential recovery worth hiring a lawyer, if you could find one willing to take time off from their lucrative malpractice and accident liability work. The noon hour TV - for folks who don't work - is nonstop lawyer lawyer ads here in Richmond. What justice??????

Collision is a terrible investment if you are a sane and safe driver and if you can stand the loss amount. In 60 years of owning cars I have lost one relatively cheap car to a collision. I can only imagine the money I've saved. The most cost effective collision insurance is self insurance, assuming the car has little insurance value. After all, the insurance companies are in business to make money and guess whose money they are getting.

Now the insurance companies are pitching a little "plug-in" to help you drive "safer." Guess what else they are doing with your driving data:!:

Sorry for the small rant. It just struck me suddenly.

·
Super Moderator
7,188 Posts
Allstate insurance.

Only hope is to mount an aggressive personal campaign. Ask them to cite the paragraph and verse in your policy which excludes collisions in your driveway.

It is possible I suppose that they may have excluded damage while the vehicle in on private property, i.e. not traffic related.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Allow me to relate some experience with insurance companies and their lawyers. I had an acquaintance who was in such trouble with the bar that the only job he could get as a lawyer was as a subcontractor to an insurance company. A fellow lawyer told him, "Clay, I would rather defend a child molester than an insurance company lawyer." Yeah.

The game with insurance companies is to collect premiums and not pay claims. It is very simple. They are a bunch of princes, with a "K".

·
Registered
238 Posts
The game with insurance companies is to collect premiums and not pay claims. It is very simple. They are a bunch of princes, with a "K".
This!

Thats the way they protect their profits! Collect premiums and do everything possible to NOT pay out!

OP, did you have uninsured on your policy?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I needed a replacement car. Went all over looking at used Priuses. Holy cow, those did not age well. They've been Ubered to oblivion. So, I found a replacement Insight. I found a nice, dark blue one, with low miles. It needs some tweeks, but I'm back!

·
Banned
1,333 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSS dark blue is kind cool, too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts