Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

First of all I want to say THANKS for all the amazing information that I found in this forum.

I bought my Insight 7 months ago and I cannot stop loving it. It is my first hybrid car and my very first owned car as well. It took me some time to get used to the automatic system but now I don't want to come back to the gears!

I bough an imported Japanese because I am living in Ireland so the steering wheel needs to be on the right, the problem is that the user manual now is "hard to understand" xD
I managed to remember what the car settings mean in Japanese but I still need Google Translate some times hehe

Anyone has any experience with this type of cars? Something I should need to consider differently?

·
Registered
210 Posts
@usuario
When using Insight there is no difference between America, Europe, Japan.
There is a slight difference in the details when servicing, but otherwise everything is identical.
I recommend to download the manual in English: Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners
Most likely you need to replace the airbags, most right-hand drive cars need to be replaced: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/troubleshooting-problems/78194-airbag-recall-insights-up-2012-affected.html
The main difficulty in translating the car radio and on-board computer.
But the owners in Russia have already learned all the functions using a translator.
If you have any questions, ask.
I wish you a good ride.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
@usuario
When using Insight there is no difference between America, Europe, Japan.
There is a slight difference in the details when servicing, but otherwise everything is identical.
I recommend to download the manual in English: Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners
Most likely you need to replace the airbags, most right-hand drive cars need to be replaced: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/troubleshooting-problems/78194-airbag-recall-insights-up-2012-affected.html
The main difficulty in translating the car radio and on-board computer.
But the owners in Russia have already learned all the functions using a translator.
If you have any questions, ask.
I wish you a good ride.:)
what happens when the dealer says that since it is a Japanese import they cannot check the VIN as it is different format?

·
Registered
84 Posts
They can. Formats do not matter. They will have to contact Honda Japan.
I did and the local main dealer came back with "has been done in Japan already", even though I am assuming he lied to me, that is all I can get.
So, give it a try. But do not expect any magic to happen....

·
Registered
210 Posts
what happens when the dealer says that since it is a Japanese import they cannot check the VIN as it is different format?
Let the dealer look better and make a request to the Honda head office. The Asian market is searched by body number, since there is no VIN-number.
And at the same time, they should check out the airbag recall companies for the 2009-2014 model. Or check the stickers near the driver's door with the number 3826, 3605.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts