Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a really rough insight im about to junk. It's like a 2001, silver, manual tranny.

front end is gone, interior is all torn apart. Anyone interested in getting the whole car for cheap?

I need it gone within like 4 days

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone happen to know what these are worth to a scrap yard or junkyard btw?

being mostly aluminum does that make them worth more?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Does the car even run? Any pictures? Is there anything left worth saving? (I'm about two hours east of you.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of people interested. If you could post some more information about it, that'd be really helpful.

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
IIRC, the aluminum chassis is around 600 pounds (with everything else removed).

Post pictures and a starting price and you'll get replies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry guys I had to scrap the car early. Got $75 for it with the whole front end missing and tons of other stuff missing

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
being mostly aluminum does that make them worth more?
Not really. Scrap metal people consider a bare chassis as "irony" aluminum because of all the steel bits spread around the chassis. It is a huge job to clean the chassis of the steel parts to make it into "clean" aluminum. Clean aluminum is currently about 50-60 cents/lb. Lots of work for not a lot of money - don't ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ended up just giving away my first G1 chassis after I stripped it bare. Factoring what I’d pay to rent a truck to scrap it, best to give it away to a very grateful mobile scrap guy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a really rough insight im about to junk. It's like a 2001, silver, manual tranny.

front end is gone, interior is all torn apart. Anyone interested in getting the whole car for cheap?

I need it gone within like 4 days

Thanks.
Care you parting it out? Can I PLEASE buy the front catalytic converter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts