Honda Insight Forum banner

just bought new - good price?

2842 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  The Citrus Smoothie
Hello,

This is my first post to an excellent site.

My wife's car (1995 del Sol S) was stolen two weeks ago, so we were forced into buying a car. She wanted another two seater and a hybrid so the INsight was it. We bought one Saturday and are supposed to get it today.

Here in the Seattle area we paid $21,600 for a 5 spd with air. I thought this was pretty good based on the Consumer Reports information, market demand for a low production car, and so forth. I'd rather not have my bubble popped if I did really poorly but was just wondering what others thoughts/experiences were.

Additionally, we did opt for the extended warranty for another $1600. We have 60 days to back out for a full refund. It came in handy on her last car and were just wondering if it was worth having 7yrs/100,000 mi coverage that covers all the hybrid parts and battery too, or if we should just save the money.

Thanks in advance,
Derek
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,526 Posts
"I was just wondering if the warranty is worth it. I could sure use the $1600 if it isn't."

My own opinion is that they're almost never worth it, at least just looking at the money. After all, the company is trying to sell you the warranty, right? That means they expect to make a profit overall. So unless you have some particular reason to think the car you bought might be a lemon, you're likely to end up on the short end of the deal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.