Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday a week ago I got a 2000 Insight. I wasn't planning on getting one BUT a local used car dealer had a relatively low mileage Citrus Yellow one so I had to get it. I've wanted a Citrus Yellow Insight since the beginning but at the time a 2 seater was out of the question. How many Citrus Yellows are out there in the US? Around 300? I'm no newbie to Honda Hybrids as I got a Civic HCH 2 years ago. I have learned the Insight is a different beast. 8) This post does have some mechanical questions in addition to my general discussion.

At first I had some recals (3 to be exact over the first 350 miles) everytime the battery would read full, it would immediatly drop to 0% and of course I would lose IMA. I nursed the battery up to full and when it would get close I wouldn't let it get full. I did this for a hundred miles or so. Now the battery has read 3/4 to Full (fluctuates with driving of course) for 300 miles and no recals. :lol: HOPEFULLY all is well now.

Things I did this week after the initial purchase. Changed that nasty air filter!, changed the ORIGINAL cabin air filter, the dealer just changed the oil but I put some of my stock piled Mobil 1 0-20W in it, and last I swapped out those original speakers for something slightly better (Sony X-Plode whatevers, I'm not into stereos)

Now on to a few questions as I have been wading through the site for over a week and haven't found answers to my questions.

My left front parking light is out, turn signal works but there is no power for the parking light. Yes, I changed the bulb but no power even makes it to the wire. Is there a fuse somewhere for JUST the left front light somewhere. Stupid question I would originally think until I worked on a Daewoo the other day that had a similar set up to that, a fuse for each function.

Next is the 12V plug is inop. Am I missing a complete fuse panel somewhere? I don't have a owner's manual and hope to get one sooner or later but can't see fessing up $37 for one, not yet at least.

As far as how mileage is going I have driven 750 miles trying to make sure nothing is wrong and all seems well now. Mileage is up now to 60.3 MPG as I reset the lifetime when I got the car, it read 47 when I got it. :cry: The reason my mileage took a dramatic dive is I got caught in a near standstill traffic jam the other night, we were there at least an hour and covered a mile.

Sorry for the long read. AL

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a 10A fuse (#15) in the underdash fuse/relay box for the tail, plate, parking, and side marker lights. So if only one light is out, yeah it is not the fuse. I'm not sure if you measured the voltage on the parking light connector contacts or not. If not, then possibly the bulb and socket are not mating properly. If there is no voltage on the connector then you could try chopping it off and measuring for voltage on the wires. If there is no voltage on the wires then you will have to trace it back. Or you could just splice some jumper wires across from the side marker light on the same headlight assembly or from the parking light on the other headlight assembly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How far under the dash is the box? I crawled under there and couldn't see anything but then again I didn't use a flashlight. Is there a 12V accessory fuse up there?

UPDATE!!! I just fixed it, found it. All fuses checked out fine except for the 12V accessory fuse. Replaced it from my stockpile. (remember free fuses can be found at junkyards :) ) I now finally have my GPS up and running!

There wasn't any voltage on the parking light wire at all. That's an idea to splice into another marker to feed power. I may do that.

Thanks,
AL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts