Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not see one Insight @ the land where they drive on the wrong side of the road! Interestingly enough, I did see a couple of Priuses (1st gen & 2nd gen). Honda didn't seem to have any Hybrid presense at all which I found kinda odd. That or I was blind the entire time!

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Braxus said:
where they drive on the wrong side of the road!
Actually :D I think you'll find that you drive....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oblivously!

Yeah, we're on the right side, so that's all that's left! Right?
Howya figger that when on a one way street? Dealer's choice? :lol:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I go to Japan (Kyoto & Tokyo) twice a year and hardly ever see an Insight. In fact, I have only seen TWO Insights in the past 2 years; a black one in Tokyo, and a white one in Kyoto. I wish we could get those colors here. However, the Prius is much more visible, although I've seen more of them here in Southeastern MA than in Japan-----go figure.

Murasaki

·
Registered
182 Posts
For what it's worth I saw two or three in the 1.5 weeks I was in Japan a few months ago. A few possible reasons there are few: 1) Trains, etc. are so good that there's no need to drive. 2) There are many smaller cars there so there are lots of other efficient options.

Charlie

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm headed to Japan on the first and I should see at least one Insight (Tokyo Motor Show :D) From what I understand, cars are more of a luxury than a must have in Japan. A friend of my Nihongo teacher was spending 1/3 of his income on a car he only drove on the weekends and on trips! Doubt I will see nearly as many hybrids as I do daily in Marin county though (they outnumber several times the H2s and exotic imports that are also common here)

Wayne M said:
Howya figger that when on a one way street? Dealer's choice? :lol:
In Marin, the one way streets are just for those who pay attention while they drive. Everyone else just figures the other guy is on the wrong side of the road :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.