Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to the forum because it's suddenly a lot more relevant to me.

It's been one of my four dream cars for a long time, and one practically fell into my lap while I was helping a friend shop for a car. It's a 2000 manual with A/C and 112,000 miles, and seems to be in really good shape (the mechanic I had inspect it agrees).

I just wanted to share, and say hello. I'd link an image of my car, but I apparently don't have enough posts.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hello and Welcome! Congrats on your purchase of the first gen Insight. Here's a code diagnostics google spreadsheet full of links about the first gen Insight and will help sort out any codes if they occur. You may find a lot of good tips collected by Mountain driver in G1 Buyer's Tips that may help out with details on your new purchase.
Also, many topics covered on IC over the years are collected in Deadpool's Common Topics list of older posts. Enjoy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response, Otto and AbCaRed00, and the helpful links too. I actually printed out the problems to watch out for post and brought it to the pre-purchase inspection to give the mechanic an extra heads up on things to look for.

I made aero mods to my Accord, but the Insight is just a whole other level. I'm excited.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your G1. Looking forward to a pic of your 'new' gem.

Lots of good info all through the site. Keep an eye on the 'socials' forum for meet ups; great opportunities to chat with other owners and check out their cars. Here's one coming later this year.

Happy Insighting,

·
Super Moderator
7,159 Posts
Welcome aboard! As you say, it is whole other level of aerodynamics. Hard to improve on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mountain Driver: Thanks. I didn't even know there were meet-ups. And I've already got the herky-jerky thread open, as I've noticed that happening during lean-burn. Nice to have information from enthusiasts to draw upon. The aluminum under-engine panel is missing, and I've put myself on KLR3CYL's list already. That thing looks sharp (metaphorically, and possibly physically).

jime; Thank you as well. And yes, but I'm already looking at the pics of boat tails others have done... There may be no hope for me, I might just have to do that sooner or later.

·
Super Moderator
7,159 Posts
jime; Thank you as well. And yes, but I'm already looking at the pics of boat tails others have done... There may be no hope for me, I might just have to do that sooner or later.
Yeah, I've wanted to do that ever since I got my first insight. I saw first hand the one 3-wheeler built. Tons of work, but thinks it improves fuel economy about 12%, iirc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've wanted to do that ever since I got my first insight. I saw first hand the one 3-wheeler built. Tons of work, but thinks it improves fuel economy about 12%, iirc.
12% would definitely be worth it to me, especially on top of such high mileage to begin with. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can actually post images now, but it's displaying huge so I'm going to go learn how to make them auto-shrink until you click on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts