Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I just picked up my 2000 5 Speed Insight (44K miles) yesterday and drove it 240 miles home, including going over a mountain pass. It got 95.4 MPG on the trip home. I had a good tail wind for about an hour and drove at 60mph trying my best to keep it in lean burn. Windows up and AC off. The Mpg display on the dash was a little lower than the actual calculated Mpg when I got home and filled up. If I knew that I was that close to the 100 MPG mark I would have been a little more carefull and tried to get it.
I've been driving a VW diesel pickup for the last 6 years getting around 48mpg and I used to think that was great. So far I love this little car. Just thought I would post about my trip.
Hodakaguy

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Ho Hodakaguy and welcome to the forum :!: :D

Great to hear about your new Insight. And 48 MPG isn't too bad in an old Vdub diesel either.
Although holding this hyper MPG rating in your Insight will be more difficult. :( But it can be done :!: Just don't get too discouraged with the winter MPG drop-off most of us experience.

HTH! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts