Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, its my first honda, and insight. Averaged 68 mpg for the first 600 miles. Its a 2000, red 5 sp, new tires, mp3 player, dash cover, batteries pack, bcm, and a few other things rplaced uner warantee at 92k miles. It now has 118. Im the hird owner and both the previous owners kept very good documents on everything done to it, thats what really sold me on the car. A lot more room then I imagined on the inside. I think my wife will hopefully really like it.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Cool! First drive and you managed to achieve the EPA highway rating which is measured at 55 MPH! Were you traveling faster than 55? :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the time between 63 and 73, as hgh as 85 and as low as 55. I could get decent lean burn at 64 and at 66-67 in a few spots. I even got lean burn as high as 72, just because of the road grade though, must hve been slightly down hill.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Best of luck with the "little red one"!

If you think that mileage your getting now is good, wait until you really learn to drive her - should take a month or two - after that you'll really begn to appreciate that little jem of a car.

Again, best of luck with her.

Fred / Proudl Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts